It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 goals in 32 Serie A games this season. Very good player, but hardly a definition of a dream signing, wouldn't replace Sane or Sterling in the starting 11.
50 goals in the last 3 seasons. How many of our wingers can say that?

Sterling 44
Sané 31
Bernardo 28

(for reference)
Jesus 52
Agüero 92
Mané 50
Hazard 54
Mahrez 45
Zaha 21
Di Maria 54

They sold Cavani and Lavezzi to PSG, they sold Higuaín to Juventus. Napoli will sell for the right price and for me, Insigne would be worth anything south of £100m.

I'm pretty sure Higuain had a buyout clause. Not that they wouldn't have sold him anyway.

My guess is that insgine is a back up to hazard who is our priority if we cant get him and mbappe isnt avaiable then we go for insigne

If we are bringing in another attacker of that calibre, I wonder if we'll be starting more games against 'park the bus' sides with 4 forwards starting. We quickly switched top that system against Newcastle this season when Kompany got injured early.

Something like:
E
KW - VK - AL
F
KDB - DS
RS - SA - GJ - LS
would allow Fernandinho to drop back as CB if needed.

Now I don't want to blow your mind pal, but dreams are different from person to person. Lets take one you mentioned: Hazard.

Absolutely not a dream signing for me. A terrible signing. Expensive, old, attitude problems, doesn't bring anything we don't already have to the squad except an arse even Raz would be jealous of.

My dream signing is Insigne, yours is Hazard. It is possible for those to be different and still meet the definition of a dream signing.
Fair enough, tastes may differ. As for Hazard being 'old', he's only 6 months older that Insigne.
50 goals in the last 3 seasons. How many of our wingers can say that?

Sterling 44
Sané 31
Bernardo 28

(for reference)
Jesus 52
Agüero 92
Mané 50
Hazard 54
Mahrez 45
Zaha 21
Di Maria 54
Insigne will turn 27 in June, Sane is 22. One is on the top of his game, the other became a starter less than 2 years ago and plays in a better league. Comparing their goal tallies from last 3 seasons is a poor use of stats.

And I've already quoted Sarri naming Raz and Sane as his most desirable purchases.

Last edited:
Personally I'd avoid Hazard as much a as possible. A luxury player who at 27 is still nowhere near as consistent as Sterling or Sane.

Add to that his awful attitude problems and lack of work rate. He'd be a complete and utter waste of money.

Personally I'd avoid Hazard as much a as possible. A luxury player who at 27 is still nowhere near as consistent as Sterling or Sane.

Add to that his awful attitude problems and lack of work rate. He'd be a complete and utter waste of money.

I don't think he'd be a waste of money, because he's brilliant, but we would be breaking our transfer record accomodating him in a position where he would be replacing someone who has just had a better season than him. I don't understand the links, at all, because I don't understand where he would play & why we would risk team spirit on someone who sulks when things don't go his way.

I don't see why we would replace Sane or Sterling (because if we signed Hazard for either area, he has to become the no1 player in that position so is effectively taking the place of one almost every game), makes more sense to have another player of their style, & age, to alternate with them, so they can all run flat out for the full season.

I could see Hazard as Silva's gradual successor, if Pep thought he could train him to play like that, but I don't think Hazard would do the work required.

The only other option would be, Hazard as Pep's new Messi, in a bogus free striker role, which then regularly takes the goal poaching of Aguero or Jesus out of the team & makes aerial crosses even more redundant.

Insigne is one of the best wingers in the world. Napoli’s best player by far. Mertens has a lot more goals this season but anyone who has watched Napoli a few times even can see that Insigne is most influential. Against Juve recently he was the main player creating chances and trying to win the game.

Insigne also had 18 league goals last season so it’s not like he can’t score.

Those saying he’s not fast clearly don’t watch him.

He has a great understanding with Jorginho. I can also understand him wanting to finally seek a new challenge as well especially if Napoli win Serie A.

Talks of Koulibaly leaving as well. Reina looks like he’s going to Milan. Napoli’s best players are aging with Callejon being 31 and Mertens and Hamsik both turning 31 by summer. Albiol also turning 33 this year.

Like it or not it looks like Napoli has reached it peak. Usually I would be surprised Insigne wants to leave but when you look at the big picture it makes a lot of sense.

I can imagine Napoli will ask £70m+ for Insigne.

And a complete mardarse who goals down clutching his leg at the slightest contact grimacing like a little boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.