New Kits 2018/19

Pro Evo have the license to do official City stuff now? We're not Man Blue anymore?

no, but you can quite quickly upload fan made versions of our kits, emblems etc. to give us the official look. Alternatively, you can create or download your own versions of City kits so that we wear nicer kits than Nike create, which means unlike FIFA you can avoid monstrosities like last season's home kit ruining your game for a whole year.

City Home Kit

Sky Blue shirt, round collar, white trim on collar and sleeves.
White shorts, sky blue trim, if any.
Sky blue socks with white and/or maroon trim.

City Away Kit

Red and Black vertical stripes, black trim.
Black shorts.
Black socks with red trim, if any.

City Third Kit

White shirt with diagonal sky blue and maroon sash OR red and black sash
White shorts with trim to match sash, if any.
White socks with trim to match sash.

It just is...or should be!

Someone get it sorted. Who has one of those fancy 3D kit programs on their computer?

It doesn't really matter about kits two and three, so long as our home strip is almost the same year on yera
Sky blue shirts with white trim
White shorts (can be plain or have navy or sky blue piping)
Dark blue socks, that can be swapped to sky every other year

There was a poll on here a couple of years back and I'd say 80% were in favour of the home kit I've described and they were split between the colour of the socks. FOC's were dark, nippers were sky. Pricks were white

The third kit will now almost always be luminous, orange/yellow/purple/pink polka dot or something, as that's what youngsters like

The second should be more traditional and based on our historical kits, as this season's second kit was

City Home Kit

Sky Blue shirt, round collar, white trim on collar and sleeves.
White shorts, sky blue trim, if any.
Sky blue socks with white and/or maroon trim.

City Away Kit

Red and Black vertical stripes, black trim.
Black shorts.
Black socks with red trim, if any.

City Third Kit

White shirt with diagonal sky blue and maroon sash OR red and black sash
White shorts with trim to match sash, if any.
White socks with trim to match sash.

It just is...or should be!

Someone get it sorted. Who has one of those fancy 3D kit programs on their computer?
I agree with all of this - nothing will please everybody though!

We won our first ever trophy with navy socks in 1904, we won our first ever league title with navy socks in 1937, will we win our first ever European Cup with navy socks next year?..

No because we won our first and only (up to now) European cup already, in black socks :-)

nike-manchester-city-18-19-home-kit-3.jpg

First time I ever remember that happening so early... in my younger days, we'd have been on the annual lads holiday in the 90's, mid July time and we wouldn't be able to get the new kit before the trip... We'd always seemed to be last to release the new kit!

First time I ever remember that happening so early... in my younger days, we'd have been on the annual lads holiday in the 90's, mid July time and we wouldn't be able to get the new kit before the trip... We'd always seemed to be last to release the new kit!
Not seemed: we have generally always been well behind everyone else, up and down the leagues at home and abroad.

I’ve never understood why, as there is very little market analysis data showing it improves sales (revenue).

That said, while I am happy they are releasing for Summer holidays, I am not quite sure I like us actually wearing it this season. Other teams have done that and I’ve always found it to be contrived and needy (“go out and buy it now you lazy b*stards, otherwise no decent signings for you this year!”).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.