Player Ratings 2017/18

I have 2 stars, Dave and Kev, a couple just in behind (Kun, Sterling, Ederson) and my 3 "clear room for improvement" are Jesus, Stones and Gundogan. Stones needs to recapture his early season form, Jesus needs to be a prolific goal scorer whilst building on his good build-up work and Gundogan needs to grow a pair and do both parts of his job.

Well sure i may as well give my ratings.

Ederson - 9 Apart from the odd mistake here and there he has been brilliant. Our best keeper since Shay Given lol. Might go down as 1 of our greats.
Bravo - 6 Has when played done a job but always worries me when he plays but better than last season which cant be hard.
Walker - 8 Has been what we have been crying out for a fullback who gets up and down the pitch great. He has been solid apart from a few mistakes here and there.
Danilo - 6.5 I was expecting more from him. Thought once Mendy get injured he would play regular has done a job and hopefully next season he kicks on.
Kompany - 8 Brilliant when he is fit and leads by example played more this season and hopefully we get another 2 seasons out of him.
Otamendi - 8 Improved scored goals but still has the Otamendi moments were he fucks up mainly against Liverpool might need to be replaced to compete for Champions league.
Stones - 7 like above has improved on the ball but again still room for improvements. Unlucky with injuries.
Laporte - 6.5 has started off well. Just hope a run of games will do him good. Him and Kompany maybe starting as Centre Backs next season could be the way to go.
Mangala - 6 Filled in when we needed him the most gave it his all and thats all you can ask for and I am glad he will get a winners medal never gave us any problems.
Mendy - 5 Shame about the injury he was playing well but missing most of the season cant give him more than that next season he will be a key player for us. Like a new signing.
Delph - 8 Done a job at left back played his way into Peps team and wanted to be part of it and never looked back. He will find it hard next season for game time.
Zinchenko - 6.5 Done what was asked for him filling in left back next season will be big for this guy think he might go off on loan for first team football might find it harder here.
Toure - 5 bit part but some of those parts were good. Hopefully the club will keep him about when he retires in some role.
Fernandinho - 9.5 The guy is just mint. Has been brilliant most of the season which let everyone else run riot.
Gundogan - 7.5 Good to see him back and playing has been a good and has come up with some key goals at times in games.
De Bruyne - 10 Brilliant
D Silva - 10 Turning the clock back or showing a new level. David is magical and has played great in a hard time for him personally a City Legend.
Foden - 5 Has looked good in his brief minutes on the pitch I think Pep can get the best out of him he can be a top class players in years to come.
Diaz - 5 As above.
B Silva - 7.5 Took his time to get used to English football but he is going to be a speical player for us next season. More game time.
Sterling - 9.5 Amazed at him this season gone to another level. All he needs is to take more chances when 1 on 1 with the keeper should have 10 more goals this season.
Sane - 9 He has the world at his feet when he runs at defenders it is some sight to see will only get better and better.
Jesus - 7.5 Injury hampered him this season but it seemed at times he went missing. The games recently against Liverpool showed not a lot. Young he will learn from this.
Aguero - 9.5 so unlucky with injuries were a better team with him in there and his levels this season has been great scoring goals and creating goals too.

I agree with most here. I will say that Diaz has maybe impressed me more than Foden this season. He is so quick. Both kids have very promising futures and I hope they are with the first team next season. I hope we get a ton of them in the last 4 games

Only considering players with over three senior appearances this season:

Ederson
Almost flawless this season with the very rare mistakes coming as an occupational hazard for a goalkeeper who plays as difficult and risky a game as Ederson. We've only got glimpses of his shot-stopping powers but he's brilliant off his line and breathtaking with his feet. First seasons are always difficult, and it's been a huge transition for Ederson but he's coped excellently and will get better.
Claudio Bravo- 7
Only one Premier League appearance but Bravo has been integral to our League Cup win, even getting an assist in the final. A couple of shaky moments and somewhat soft goals but we couldn't have asked for much more from Claudio in the limited gametime he's gotten.

Kyle Walker- 8
All in all, a very good first season. Prone to the occasional moment of madness which has cost us big time this season and I would've liked to see a bit more consistency going forward but for the most part he's been excellent and well worth his fee.
Danilo- 7
Looked incredible in pre-season but has found himself restricted to the role of squad player at best this year. Good performances in a few big games have boosted his rating with the major disappointment being that the versatility we heard about when he signed hasn't really come to fruition.

Benjamin Mendy- 7
I can't really give Mendy any higher than a 7 given he's barely played but when he's been on the pitch the signs have been promising. We may never know the full extent of his influence behind the scenes but I suspect our season could've been quite different without Mendy's mentality in the dressing room. Will be a huge boost next season.
Fabian Delph- 8
I'm struggling to fault him. At times I've wished he could contribute to the attack a bit more like Mendy or Walker do, but on the whole Delph's done a commendable job in a strange position, while coping with injuries.
Oleksandr Zinchenko- 7
Gets a 10/10 for attitude. It would be unfair of us to expect Zinchenko to play any better than he has done this season considering how far out of position he's played. Wrote himself into the Premier League record books against Chelsea too.

Nicolas Otamendi- 9
For 90% of the season, he's been our rock, by far our best and most consistent defender as well as the most improved players in the squad by a long way. Fully deserves his place as the first City centre-back in the PFA team of the season in four years- a crazy stat given the money we've spent there. Also scored some crucial goals including the most important goal in the title race this season at Old Trafford.
Vincent Kompany- 8
Been excellent since coming back and his leadership is so important. Colossal performances away at Spurs and Arsenal as well as in the Carabao Cup final are the highlights of Kompany's season. We can dream of him staying fit for all of next season and that could be the key to defending the title.
John Stones- 7
Had a wonderful first half of the season, playing like a man destined to be our future captain and scoring some great goals too. Injury hit and the last few months have been disappointing to say the least but hopefully we'll have him back to his best next year.
Eliaquim Mangala- 7
Did his best. Can't ask for much more. Was incredible off the bench at Old Trafford and did enough to earn his Premier League medal.
Aymeric Laporte- 7
Hasn't played enough to warrant any higher but Laporte is looking increasingly promising. Best performance for me was away at Spurs a few weeks ago, where he dominated Kane.
Tosin Adarabioyo- 5
Hasn't been bad, exactly, but surely all parties will be looking to get him a transfer as he obviously has no future here.

Fernandinho- 9
Great season from him marred by just a couple of bad performances. Playing expertly in a role he's had to adapt to and was unlucky to miss out on Team of the Year.
Ilkay Gundogan- 8
It can't be much fun sitting on the bench more often than not for a player of Gundogan's quality but when he's played, he's done pretty well. Gotten better as the season's gone on, culminating in great performances against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal.
Yaya Touré- 6
Not really played but still managed more league assists than Gundogan, Henderson, Giroud, Matic, Bellerin and Kanté. Influence off the pitch is seemingly good.
Fernando- 10
I miss Fernando

Kevin De Bruyne- 10
Doesn't get much better than this. Second half of the season was noticeably quieter than the first but still a very worthy runner-up in the TOTY. 15 league assists is brilliant and some of his goals will live long in the memory.
David Silva- 10
Had so much on his plate this season but played better than ever. Scored plenty and excelled consistently. Looks good bald.
Phil Foden- 7
A breakthrough season that could've been so much more if not for injury. Got his first senior assist- a huge landmark in his career. Looks right at home in the team.

Raheem Sterling- 10
Did anyone expect Raheem to have such a good season? The number of goals he's scored is frankly obscene. He's grabbed assists, won penalties and scored some crucial late goals. Can't ask for much more from him.
Leroy Sané- 9
Not quite as high as Sterling just because I think Sané's been less consistent but this season he's certainly looked like a player who could one day be named the best in the world. Good to see him getting a similar number of goals as assists.
Bernardo Silva- 8
Really grown into the team, making more appearances than anyone else and becoming increasingly influential as the season has progressed. His goals against Chelsea and Arsenal were brilliant and so important.
Brahim Díaz- 6
Would've liked to see more minutes from Brahim but he didn't exactly look ready when he did get on the field. Next season I'm sure we'll see a better player.

Sergio Aguero- 9
Even by Aguero standards, he's had a good season. There have been a few extremely frustrating performances but he's made up for it by coming up big in big games and was rewarded by a place in the TOTS.
Gabriel Jesus- 8
We must remember how young Jesus still is, and yet his goals per minute ratio in the league is still outstanding. Injury has hampered him but he's still on track to be world class.

Ederson 9
Bravo 7
Walker 8
Danilo 7
Kompany 8
Otamendi 9
Laporte 7
Stones 7
Delph 7
Mendy 6
Touré 6
Fernandinho 10
Gundogan 8
De Bruyne 10
Silva 10
Bernardo 8
Sterling 9
Sané 9
Aguero 10
Jesus 8

Ederson 8
Bravo 7
Walker 8
Delph 8
Danilo 6
Stones 6.5
Laporte 6.5
Gundogan 7
Fernandinho 8.5
De Bruyne 9.5
Silva 9.5
sane 8.5
Sterling 9
B Silva 7
Aguero 9
Jesus 7
Zinchenko 6.5
Mendy 6
Toure 6
Foden 6
Mangala 6
Diaz 6

Those at the bottom are hard to score due to lack of games.

30 years supporting city and it is the first season I can say there wasn't one player who pissed me off for a considerably amount of time so fuck it, everyone gets a 9 from me except KDB and d.Silva who both get a 10, congrats lads :p

Almost getting a consensus on performance here.
For me, I'd say only that Delph deserves a 9 for his performances this season & Leroy looks like a world beater. Whatever Raheem's score, he deserves at least the same. Also, given that Fernandinho has been unbelievable, when Gundo has replaced him he's done very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.