'Alfie's army' Alder hey protest

I’m not sure he’s smart enough for that, that statement he read out wasn’t worded by him. Let’s hope it’s the last of it til the newspaper stories and daytime tv interviews start. The blokes got limelightitis. The mcann’s suffered from it as well.

Sadly hasn't that become the McCann's career? Are either of them "working" these days?

I agree though I don't think the lad is the brightest AND I think he has been overwhelmed BUT I suppose in his position were I offered what looked like it could be a way to get what I wished for not sure I wouldn't take it...............a condundrum that thankfully I have never faced. Very sad for them all but it has become what it is ........

I will wager the police have told them in no uncertain terms their behaviour which has encouraged the social media online hate mob stops right now or they are going to be in trouble and rightly so.
I think it is more likely that the hospital have said if he wants to take his son home or to a hospice then the deal is that he has to call off the mob outside and he also stops doing interviews outside the hospital and thereby brings normality back to the hospital. And I'd hope he's taken some decent advice to take advantage of this precious time with his son and to devote all his time to being at Alfie's side. After all the undue stick the hospital have had I expect they have been quite forceful with their demands and it goes hand in hand with their public statement condemming the treatment their doctors and nurses have received.

Surely the most important thing is for the parents to spend as much time as possible with Alfie and put an end to this media circus.

Seems to have come to his senses tonight and is trying to build bridges with the medical staff at Alder Hey. Could have done that weeks ago though.

Clearly has come under pressure from somewhere. Or it is a charm offensive to try and get him home so they can fly aboard.

Clearly has come under pressure from somewhere. Or it is a charm offensive to try and get him home so they can fly aboard.
Hopefully it's finally sunk in to his thick skull that he's fucked & he's only got one option which is to work with medical staff at Alder Hey to manage his son's end in the most peaceful and dignified way possible. Or possibly his wife has said "FFS stop being an arsehole and concentrate on your son and me". Or maybe the police have had a word in his ear and said "Look lad. We've got every sympathy for your plight but that's running out rapidly so rein it in and behave like an adult".

Hopefully it's finally sunk in to his thick skull that he's fucked & he's only got one option which is to work with medical staff at Alder Hey to manage his son's end in the most peaceful and dignified way possible. Or possibly his wife has said "FFS stop being an arsehole and concentrate on your son and me". Or maybe the police have had a word in his ear and said "Look lad. We've got every sympathy for your plight but that's running out rapidly so rein it in and behave like an adult".
Sadly, the parents, (especially the Dad) don't have the capacity or maturity to act like reasonable adults. It's the Charlie Gard Facebook syndrome, expect it to happen a lot more. Many other parents from all demographics sensibly accept the Doctors decisions and let nature take its course, let their kids pass with dignity, alleviation from pain and suffering, remember them with affection and never forget them. As for the Legal prick from the Christian Society, he's a publicity seeking, self promoting, evangelical tosser from the USA Bible belt, he can fuck right off and stop spreading his shit.

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone's posted this yet, but it's a good column on the topic.

Alfie Evans’ parents needed help. The vultures came instead

Fanatical. Deluded. Emotive nonsense. These are unusually strong terms for a judge to use, particularly in a case as intensely sad and bitterly contested as that of the terminally ill child Alfie Evans. Yet Mr Justice Hayden, referring to some of the campaigners now surrounding Alfie’s parents, did not mince his words, after this most hellish of ethical dilemmas ended this week in a court ruling that the child’s ventilator be switched off against the family’s wishes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.