Melbourne City FC Thread

2:0 home win!

Solid and emphatic, we didn't give them a chance and we could've scored 5.

Onto the semi final next Friday away to Newcastle Jets. I'm genuinely confident we can win and make the granny. Fingers crossed.

Excellent. The team have finished the season in good form, and have built momentum at the right time.

Semi tonight!

If any of you don't have much on and have been mildly following our fortunes you should try and tune into tonight's game.

In the context of our League and Australia finals football is where it is at. The home and away season is important but the winner of the Grand final is basically regarded the Champions. So without getting into a big discussion on its merits, we have a huge game tonight away to Newcastle.

This season we have played them 3 times twice away and won 1:2 and 0:3 (April 1st) and drew 2:2 at home. So we match up very well against them and have the results to prove it, but in finals football anything is possible.

Our last two attempts in the semis have ended quite badly, both against the other Melbourne team, but this one feels different. I was hopeful the last times that if everything went right and the other team choked we could pinch it, but tonight it's a different feeling.I'm more confident, and a win is a more realistic expectation but still not disregarding Newcastle. They finished 2nd and have been probably the most attacking and entertaining side this season and deserve to be favorites.

Fingers crossed we get a win.

On a side note Sydney play Victory in the other semi, if the filth do it and we get it up it will be a Melbourne derby grand final which would be something big.

Good luck to MCFC tonight.
You’re right , an all Melbourne Grand Final would be great , although I don’t expect Victory to beat Sydney who have been the best team all year really.

I’ll be watching , CMON CITY.

What time is kick off? I am in New Zealand at present and hoping to catch some of it. I think we are 2 hours ahead of you??

i finish work at 8am so i'll try and stay awake and watch it. is fornaroli fit to start?
Fornaroli has come back better than expected. He's played 9 games I think he has started the last 7 or 8 and has played full 90 for the last 5 or 6. He has scored 5 and 2 assists. His first couple of games he was noticeably rusty but his last 3 he has been super. With Arzani and Vidosic they have formed a very potent front 3 and all 3 are very different types which complement each other. Add Mauk as what I would call a defensive number 10. He doesn't unlock a defense but more so presses and plays a high tempo style without the ball. Behind Brattan and Bozanic are the 2 holders that protect. The teenager Atkinson at RB gets forward and combines well with Arzani.

Our only concern is Jakobsen is out and will be replaced by Malik who against Brisbane was solid.

We go into this one with a full squad and confidence.

Semi tonight!

If any of you don't have much on and have been mildly following our fortunes you should try and tune into tonight's game.

In the context of our League and Australia finals football is where it is at. The home and away season is important but the winner of the Grand final is basically regarded the Champions. So without getting into a big discussion on its merits, we have a huge game tonight away to Newcastle.

This season we have played them 3 times twice away and won 1:2 and 0:3 (April 1st) and drew 2:2 at home. So we match up very well against them and have the results to prove it, but in finals football anything is possible.

Our last two attempts in the semis have ended quite badly, both against the other Melbourne team, but this one feels different. I was hopeful the last times that if everything went right and the other team choked we could pinch it, but tonight it's a different feeling.I'm more confident, and a win is a more realistic expectation but still not disregarding Newcastle. They finished 2nd and have been probably the most attacking and entertaining side this season and deserve to be favorites.

Fingers crossed we get a win.

On a side note Sydney play Victory in the other semi, if the filth do it and we get it up it will be a Melbourne derby grand final which would be something big.

Wouldn't an all Melbourne GF open up the possibility of City missing out on the ACL if Victory manage to win it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.