Birmingham bankrupt

21% council tax rises, Refuse collection every two weeks, reduced street lighting, 1.25bn of assets to be sold, one hell of a car boot sale on the way.
General refuse collection being less frequent is a good thing for me. It makes people recycle better.

It’s 3 weekly in my area and it works fine for most.

General refuse collection being less frequent is a good thing for me. It makes people recycle better.

It’s 3 weekly in my area and it works fine for most.
Fair enough, although my faith in the good people in inner city Birmingham taking this approach isn't particularly high, judging by the endless piles of shit already existing in some areas.

This government has made Council's responsible for Social Care and then has REMOVED all funding (not reduced) and now blames the Councils for running out of money!

I think their biggest issue is “equal pay” case where some roles, such as grave diggers were paid a bonus that roles of same grade, such as dinner ladies, weren’t. The claimants successfully argued that roles predominantly performed by men had bonuses whereas those performed by women were not - in reality it was probably a structural issue aimed at bumping up pay for roles, however good the intention this has has cost BCC something like £1bn with another ~£700m outstanding along with other monthly liabilities. Best part of £2bn is a big hole in anyone’s budget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.