Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

On balance a draw is a good result, but it really was a missed opportunity. When I saw the team sheet with Alvarez in the starting line up I knew it wouldn’t work, out of position and making mistake after mistake, he gave the ball way that and ended up with Rodders being booked. Kovacic was the obvious starter but wasn’t. I also thought KDB should have stayed on, Haaland hardly had a kick second half and Kev was starting to find space.At this moment I don’t care if we win the title cos I really wanted us to put Bingo and the dips media in their place, we had the chance and blew it.

I get that but you also have to factor in our record there as well as the fact that a lot has been made of the players they missed whilst forgetting they still had a competent team

I’m all for debating the performance but some of the reaction in this thread has been over the top. Questioning of some of the players who’ve given everything and have been utter warriors over the last 18 months. The lads will make mistakes as Ake did today but let’s not get dragged down into calling players out and getting on the teams back
sort of but a lot of us have been questioning the decline all season.. I for one have doubted the wisdom of shoe horning Haaland in a passing team...makes it tough for us against top teams as we have seen this season.. 8th placed teams down absolutely fine..top 8 you need 11 who can really play

It's not though, is it
Just plain silly to worry about whether it's in our hands or not with 30 points to play for. It may be tougher this season with both Liverpool and Arsenal in the mix, and on current form Arsenal look like the team to beat. But on the other hand we're only a point off where we were this time last season and we were 6 behind Arsenal - which means that they're actually 5 points worse off than they were at this stage.

I think only salah would have made a difference out of those missing.
Kelleher is very good. Bradley I think is better than TAA. Quansah had fuck all to do. They had a fairly good team but we should have taken advantage of no salah.
Robertson and Konate should have been big misses today.
Gomez, Bradley, Quansah and Endo all far from 1st names on sheet.
I'm trying to imagine us having to make such changes for a huge game with the likes of Nunez, Bobb, Lewis and Gomez playing and then performing anywhere as near a the dippers kids and fringe players have.

On balance a draw is a good result, but it really was a missed opportunity. When I saw the team sheet with Alvarez in the starting line up I knew it wouldn’t work, out of position and making mistake after mistake, he gave the ball way that and ended up with Rodders being booked. Kovacic was the obvious starter but wasn’t. I also thought KDB should have stayed on, Haaland hardly had a kick second half and Kev was starting to find space.At this moment I don’t care if we win the title cos I really wanted us to put Bingo and the dips media in their place, we had the chance and blew it.
Alvarez gave up possession so often in the first half.

Poor form to acknowledge that the quality of a legal team matters regardless of guilt or innocence?

More like extreme naivety not to realize that it does.
Yawn.
Go and watch Mark Goldbridge. He’s Nited through and through you know.
I‘ll just keep going watching and supporting my team, as I have done for longer than I care to remember.
I have 0 interest in who our legal team is. Nil. Zilch. Nada.
League 1 or Club World Champions. Matters not to me.
My team is my team. The team I’ve watched all my life, in the flesh. Not on the internet. That’s what a fan does you see.

Fine margins. Foden not squaring to Haaland & instead smacking too close to their keeper, Doku rebound falling to their keeper. They had their chances too. Cool heads were needed & not many from either side played with a cool head, which is understandable.

Momentum so important in a game & we didn’t score when on top in the first half, let them re-group, then Rodri’s yellow and the timing of the penalty meant it was going to be tough to walk away with a win.

So, take the point & more importantly stop them from taking 3 and move on. 1 point behind with 10 matches left. I’ll take that.

And fuck Neville/Sky who were desperate to talk up that penalty VAR check.
I think Rodri's yellow made him careful for the rest of the game. He needed Kova to come on, maybe a little earlier.

Yawn.
Go and watch Mark Goldbridge. He’s Nited through and through you know.
I‘ll just keep going watching and supporting my team, as I have done for longer than I care to remember.
I have 0 interest in who our legal team is. Nil. Zilch. Nada.
League 1 or Club World Champions. Matters not to me.
My team is my team. The team I’ve watched all my life, in the flesh. Not on the internet. That’s what a fan does you see.
Congratulations?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.