Aston Villa PL (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
I see Bernardo’s only got one vote, and that’s from a certain Eccles Blue. I suppose that’s what happens if you call your dog John?
*lol* I didn't know that about his dog but I voted for Bernie because he's everywhere, he's like a marathon runner but not in a straight line. He's on the left, he's on the right, he's down the middle. :-)

Voted for Rico.

A kid playing in arguably the most challenging position on the field...superb last night.

That lanky streak tried to bully him, but he just got up and carried on.

Outstanding last night young man.

Also, another big shout out to Gvardiol. Doubled up on his brilliant performance on Sunday.

There aren't many players anywhere equally adept using both feet, so to have a fullback like him is unique.

Becoming more used to the Premier League.

Until Golden's 3rd went in, the motm award was there for at least four other players.
Akanji, who's positioning and timing was superb as well as his decision making and strength in the tackle.
Doku, who scared the shit out of Villa with his lightning speed, drive and work rate
Rico was top of my list at 3-1. Rock solid, all over the place and snapping into Villa at every opportunity from start to finish.
Gvardiol had, once again, his best game in a City shirt.

But when Walter decided to turn it on he was unstoppable. Three goals, brilliant link-up and sublime movement. The extra strength he now has is the final piece in his jigsaw.

Voted for Rico.

A kid playing in arguably the most challenging position on the field...superb last night.

That lanky streak tried to bully him, but he just got up and carried on.

Outstanding last night young man.

Also, another big shout out to Gvardiol. Doubled up on his brilliant performance on Sunday.

There aren't many players anywhere equally adept using both feet, so to have a fullback like him is unique.

Becoming more used to the Premier League.
What a game the kid had.

I'm going to be controversial and give it to Gvardiol. Obviously Phil gets it if I am being serious but I thought Gvardiol was immense, doing great work winning the ball back, making key tackles and blocks and just generally being excellent.

Rodri too, but he's always amazing isn't he.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.