Real Madrid post match post mortem

Proud of the boys to be honest.

Tactics poor by pep for me especially the start of the game but he’s been off all season. Strange subs too.

Not replacing Gundy & Mahrez costing us this season which is insane after winning the treble.

The players gave it their all but some are too old or just not good enough.
mahrez big miss, could do with someone on the right like that lad at chelsea, whats he called, err palmer, rings a bell that .|

So we're all just imagining we're top of the Prem are we in a season where Arsenal and Liverpool are flying and we're below our best? Of the teams you mention, only Villa genuinely outplayed us - being outplayed with a full strength side hadn't happened for many years before that.
Nobody is imagining anything. Unless I've forgotten us beating top teams. In the league you can get away with not beating the top teams as long as they drop points which is what has been happening. In the CL however you are never going to win it with an inability of getting over the line and winning games.

I understand what your saying, Arsenal have taken 4 points off us and the dippers but you wouldn’t think so by looking at the table, the league has 20 teams and to be champions you have to respect 19 of those teams. Last night the footballing gods were against us or else we would of won 2-1 or 3-1 easily
Thankfully in the league we have been able to beat the other sides and those around us have dropped points too. I guess my point is we haven't been able to beat any team of note this season and that makes it almost impossible to win the Champions League.

People are plaiming City for moving the ball around!!! But, what can you do when a team like Real Madrid put 10 players infront of their goal? It is really difficult.

This cowardly Real madrid managed to do it twice against us. Even In the first game they scored twice from deflected balls.

Is it luck? I am really sad. It is just the feeling that this must be not fair.
We scored three magnificent goals first leg and Madrid had two very very lucky deflections - we battered 'em at their place. Last night, without being at our best, we battered 'em again. No other side on the planet forces Madrid to park the bus. We're still the best side on the planet with a good mid-twenties average age. Yes, Pep will freshen things at the end of the season in certain positions and we'll go again.

Ederson did save one today, and showed Bernardo and Kovacic how to score one under pressure ;-)

Today it was mainly our penalty takers that let us down. There should be a dedicated set piece coach that gives this proper attention, it's amateurish not to prepare properly. RM clearly knew which side Kovacic was going to put his penalty.
I agree Ederson normally hasn't the best save % for penalties, (perhaps Ortega could be brought on for the penalties to do a bit better?)
There is a set piece coach, do you watch training every day, how do you know they don’t practice or analyse penalties.

In a nutshell, we played Real Madrid off the park.

We could have and should have put at least one of our other chances away but we sadly didn't.

That doesn't change fact that we were absolutely streets ahead of them and limited them to only 3 shots on target.

It took a 'guess which way' penalty shoot-out for them to go through, helped by Bernardo's brain fart penalty kick.

If you look at the 120 minutes of actual football - my goodness we're a bloody good team and play some beautiful football.

The better team sometimes doesn't win - but if football is about entertainment, I was entertained big time last night by our boys. They were amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.