Happy St George's Day

There's a patron saint they should celebrate all year round.

500px-Piero_di_Cosimo_025.jpg
Who are 'they'?

We're a mongrel nation and the better for it.

Both my parents were Irish but my brother and me were born here and consider ourselves 100% English. That's as it should be. Open societies welcome outside ideas and people and succeed as a result. Insular societies wither and die.
Many others are likewise 'mongrel' nations, but their culture isn't put down or belittled as ours seems to be. I don't understand why that is.

If you see the bad in everything English that's on you. There are shit loads of pictures online showing people enjoying St Georges day.

Everyone is a racist these days and it's just a lazy piss poor insult.
1. I don't.
2. Glad some people enjoyed the day
3. If it talks like a racist, and behaves like a racist, it's a racist.

Many others are likewise 'mongrel' nations, but their culture isn't put down or belittled as ours seems to be. I don't understand why that is.

Just anti-west sentiments really, petits Che's make a lot of noise for a tiny part of the population.

Some would argue that race is a construct, what we have is culture a shared experience. You'll find that the same people who disregard English culture absolutely revel in Scottish, Irish and Welsh culture.

As in there’s English people that do that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.