Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

I really don't understand the hype around him. Yes; he had a decent team at Spurs. But what did he win? What has he won anywhere; a few trophies at PSG? Let's be honest, most of us could win trophies there.
Well Pep's a big fan of his. And as Pep says, you don't have to win lots of trophies to be a good manager. Look at Bielsa for example. Pochettino did a good job at both Espanyol and Southampton but realistically he was never going to be in the hunt for trophies at either of those clubs. Spurs are different I suppose as expectations and resources are higher there but they were a shambles when he took over and for me he he did a great job in the main even though he didn't win anything. For me, he over-achieved at all those 3 clubs. However, I would add that I don't think he improved PSG at all and he doesn't look like he's going to improve Chelsea. Maybe he's better managing at clubs with lower budgets.

I reckon Cole Palmer could put a transfer request in and he could end up at the Rags or Dippers, it’s a toxic atmosphere at the Chav’s, he definitely won’t stay there, Real could be another option.

Injuries, and Fatigue,do have everything to do with style of play.

take a look at our own performance in the 1st half esp against Chelsea.miss placed passes galore from world class players, who were playing ,with injury ,.......because they had too.
So your assertion that City always play the same way regardless of injury doesn't stand up.
Look at Real Madrid at home,Injury to Stones meant that Akanji had to step up,did his absolute best,but not as fluid as Stones can be in that role. Did that damage us ? ..I'm not sure.
Our performance against Chelsea was signs of tiredness but you could still see what we were trying to do. We still had Akanji dropping into midfield and trying passes through the channels, we still had De Bruyne and Foden trying to create centrally and on the right channel. Still had Grealish on the left holding his position, keeping the ball and winning fouls.

What have Chelsea got to be tired about, Done fuck all this season.

Well Pep's a big fan of his. And as Pep says, you don't have to win lots of trophies to be a good manager. Look at Bielsa for example. Pochettino did a good job at both Espanyol and Southampton but realistically he was never going to be in the hunt for trophies at either of those clubs. Spurs are different I suppose as expectations and resources are higher there but they were a shambles when he took over and for me he he did a great job in the main even though he didn't win anything. For me, he over-achieved at all those 3 clubs. However, I would add that I don't think he improved PSG at all and he doesn't look like he's going to improve Chelsea. Maybe he's better managing at clubs with lower budgets.
Like it or not; at clubs like Spurs and Chelsea, you'll be expected (at the very least) to be "in the shake up" for trophies. Both of them are miles away. Either of them might fluke a cup, I suppose. But they're nowhere near contenders. Poch should have won it with Spurs the year Leicester went on to win it. But they've been nowhere near it since. And Chelsea last won it 7 years ago.

The winning trophies quote was attributed to ten bob wasn't it? If you are a manager of what is considered to be a now top 6 side and you don't win anything you're a flop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.