Bruno Guimaraes

Yeah cost more to buy but salary is lower so he would be much cheaper in the long run. I think the signings over last 24 months have been terrible. The reason we are challenging is because we have Rodri, KDB, Stones and Foden. They are the game winners.

We have spunked some serious cash on players who have stalled the progress of our academy players Nunes and Kellogs Kelvin.

Gvardiol and Doku will become vert good. Hpwever it is puzzling that Txiki and Pep who love midfielders have failed badly with these purchases.
Wonder who brought these guys in?

Yeah cost more to buy but salary is lower so he would be much cheaper in the long run. I think the signings over last 24 months have been terrible. The reason we are challenging is because we have Rodri, KDB, Stones and Foden. They are the game winners.

We have spunked some serious cash on players who have stalled the progress of our academy players Nunes and Kellogs Kelvin.

Gvardiol and Doku will become vert good. Hpwever it is puzzling that Txiki and Pep who love midfielders have failed badly with these purchases.
To be fair, after his excellent displays in the Euro's, I was as excited as anyone about the purchase of Philips.

Even up to last summer I held out hope he'd come good, but Rodri's interview changed all that, & from then I knew it was over for him at City.

I've never rated panic buy Nunes from his Sporting & Wolves days, so his unimpressive season so far doesn't surprise me. However, I've been wrong about players before, but alas I fear not with Matheus.

Being fair to Txiki & Pep regarding transfers, we've got far more right than wrong, & taking Philips & Nunes into consideration I've a feeling/hope that our transfer acquisition team are desperate to put right our recent errors.

We had the best years of Sterling, Sané, Jesus, Zinchenko & Laporte, & we either got our money back or made a profit on all bar Laporte.

Gundog & Mahrez served City well, & albeit we didn't want to lose Riyad, we got his best years too & a modest return on our investment for a 32 year old.

Philips & Nunes apart, we've not done too badly with transfers & we'll hopefully rectify those errors this summer.

Last edited:
Wonder who brought these guys in?
Yeah he has made excellent purchases over the years but we have really wasted money on PL players like Nunes, Kalvin and to a lesser degree Grealish.

Had we spent that money on some bundesliga or la liga players we would have most liekly got something better at half the cost.

To be fair, after his excellent displays in the Euro's, I was as excited as anyone about the purchase of Philips.

Even up to last summer I held out hope he'd come good, but Rodri's interview changed all that, & from then I knew it was over for him at City.

I've never rated panic buy Nunes from his Sporting & Wolves days, so his unimpressive season so far doesn't surprise me. However, I've been wrong about players before, but alas I fear not with Matheus.

Being fair to Txiki & Pep regarding transfers, we've got far more right than wrong, & taking Philips & Nunes into consideration I've a feeling/hope that our transfer acquisition team are desperate to put right our recent errors.

We had the best years of Sterling, Sané, Jesus, Zinchenko & Laporte, & we either got our money back or made a profit on all bar Laporte.

Gundog & Mahrez served City well, & albeit we didn't want to lose Riyad, we got his best years too & a modest return on our investment for a 32 year old.

Philips & Nunes apart, we've not done too badly with transfers & we'll hopefully rectify those errors this summer.
We should foster englush talent and sign the best from the other leagues. We have got ripped off royally by PL clubs. Had we gon for Paqueta, Isak and Bruno from France and Spain we would all be smiles now. The talent was evident for all those before we went for other targets.

We should foster englush talent and sign the best from the other leagues. We have got ripped off royally by PL clubs. Had we gon for Paqueta, Isak and Bruno from France and Spain we would all be smiles now. The talent was evident for all those before we went for other targets.
What do you reckon we would have won if we had signed those players?

How many foreign players do you think we can have at once? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As for English talent, does that include Sterling, Philips, Cole, Stones, Foden, Grealish, Walker, Lavia, McAtee, Trafford, Lewis, Doyle x 2, Harwood-Bellis etc, etc, etc...

How many foreign players do you think we can have at once? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As for English talent, does that include Sterling, Philips, Cole, Stones, Foden, Grealish, Walker, Lavia, McAtee, Trafford, Lewis, Doyle x 2, Harwood-Bellis etc, etc, etc...
Probably not... ;-)

What about Walker? Stones? Sterling?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.