Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Last season I was one of many who were quick to compare future Barn D’or winner Darwin Nunez with another ponytailed flop aka Andy Carroll.
I now realise this was a very childish ,harsh and premature comparison so I just want say…….

Sorry Andy.
it's uncanny isn't it.

On another forum there, read a comment from someone who isn't a fan of any club in the premier league.
He said a very true point in reply to a Dipper fan who said the reason that they don't have more titles is because of our 115 charges.
Liverpool always have an excuse to fall back on and thats the difference between them and other fans. Liverpool fans always blame an external factor, in this case Citys alleged sports washing, whereas other teams fans would blame an internal issue, a manager or players.
There is something in their culture that they always have to blame outside bodies or organisations - he did say they were spot on with Hillsborough though and that they were treated disgracefully.

When you think about it its so true.
Early kick offs have been a constant excuse for years.
When a decision goes against them its blown out of all proportion. Look at them still crying about Rodri's handball 3 years on, a league game in February of a season in a match that didn't involve them.
Yes they should have had a goal at Spurs when VAR fucked up, but we very probably could have had a winning goal at home to Spurs when the ref fucked up and blew Grealish up when he was clean through.
They're crying still about the Doku challenge on McAllister recently, but the Akanji challenge on Allison that led to a disallowed goal has been forgotten about.
On the Rodri handball, they have forgotten that earlier in that season James Milner escaped a red card several times in the game at Anfield that would have seen us win comfortably had he gone off at that stage.
And it was all a big joke when TAA was handling the ball and Pep going mad on the sideline with his 3 fingers up shouting "3 times" a few seasons ago.
Yep, the disallowed goal cost us, would have gone 2-0 up, Newcastle had one that was far more of an obstruction than ours, that passed VAR whilst ours didn’t and was cleared as a foul within seconds.

On another forum there, read a comment from someone who isn't a fan of any club in the premier league.
He said a very true point in reply to a Dipper fan who said the reason that they don't have more titles is because of our 115 charges.
Liverpool always have an excuse to fall back on and thats the difference between them and other fans. Liverpool fans always blame an external factor, in this case Citys alleged sports washing, whereas other teams fans would blame an internal issue, a manager or players.
There is something in their culture that they always have to blame outside bodies or organisations - he did say they were spot on with Hillsborough though and that they were treated disgracefully.

When a decision goes against them its blown out of all proportion. Look at them still crying about Rodri's handball 3 years on, a league game in February of a season in a match that didn't involve them.
Yes they should have had a goal at Spurs when VAR fucked up, but we very probably could have had a winning goal at home to Spurs when the ref fucked up and blew Grealish up when he was clean through.
They're crying still about the Doku challenge on McAllister recently, but the Akanji challenge on Allison that led to a disallowed goal has been forgotten about.
On the Rodri handball, they have forgotten that earlier in that season James Milner escaped a red card several times in the game at Anfield that would have seen us win comfortably had he gone off at that stage.
And it was all a big joke when TAA was handling the ball and Pep going mad on the sideline with his 3 fingers up shouting "3 times" a few seasons ago.
This has been my issue with scousers since time began: an almost supernatural ability to deny the blame for anything and everything they do.

Because I would never go on RAWK myself I have to rely on others to keep me up to speed on what they're saying - and generally it would be something along the lines of: "Nottin' to do wiv us, La. We didn't focking do anything. Ask me ma."
Don't forget this a club whose supporters cheered when an opposition player broke his leg at one of their games: the same supporters who -even to this day - seriously believe Eddie head-butted Mane's boot and had to be stretchered off, to another cheer.

I cannot be indifferent to what I hear about RAWK, I genuinely do believe there is some kind of mass mental illness amongst the majority of those posters, that they try to goad one another into making the most ridiculous claims as to why their side lost a game.

Truly bewildering.

Take it they weren't moaning about the west ham game in 2019 when Milner was about 5 yards offside to assist Mane to score in a game they should of lost during the title race.

Thought not.

Oh Jurgen, Jurgen Klopp,
He has hit the buffer stops,
How can Liverpool be what it was before?
They called him good as Pep,
But he wasn’t, was he heck,
And he’ll never walk down Lime Street anymore.

(Maggie May - folk version, not Rod Stewart.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.