What has the UK become?

The world Bob works via rules based immigration laws. You might fancy ditching rainy Rochdale for Sydney but try just jumping in a plane and saying you’re going to live and work there without satisfying their immigration laws and policies and you might be in for a shock.

All countries need controlled immigration, more often than not based on skills shortages, we are no different and those coming here to work in sectors we are short in are most welcome and always will be.

Those rocking up on boats with no rights are not. They wouldn’t be welcome anywhere else either like that as well you know, so why should it be different here?

They don’t. The four countries of our union do not practice controlled immigration between the four constituent countries.

The constituent countries of the EU allow free movement and, in some cases, have no internal borders.

The people ‘rocking up in boats’ - because, yes it’s a jolly lark watching your kith and kin drown, are risking all because the Govt ensures that this is the only way to request asylum.

They would be if their claim for asylum was successful.

Other countries allow them to put their claims in before risking their lives on dinghies though.

They are not here to claim asylum in the main, they are by their own admission, economic migrants wanting a better life.

As I said earlier, a natural human want and need and something to always aspire to but just because you want a change of life, it doesn’t mean you’re entitled to it.

Controlled immigration is necessary.

They are not here to claim asylum in the main, they are by their own admission, economic migrants wanting a better life.

As I said earlier, a natural human want and need and something to always aspire to but just because you want a change of life, it doesn’t mean you’re entitled to it.

How can that be true when 70% are granted asylum?

The 50k are small fry when 700k come here “legally” anyway, so the point is doubly moot.

Are you saying someone born and bred in Scotland (a country) needs a visa to work in England (a different country)?

I’m saying your assertion that the UK doesn’t have channels for immigration open to anyone in the world fitting the right criteria is absolute rubbish.

You want an open door policy. The majority do not.

In many cases it is but not always. When you are the US in the 1900's though you open your door to those huddled masses yearning to be free and it made America greater than any orange turd could proportionally ambition to do on its own which makes his harking back to the good old days with added xenophobic remarks .... a bit surreal.

One more has to look at it on such thins like "how much people do we have per square mile"
, "how does the quantity of people we have relate to the natural resources we posses", "how well do those people fit in our society and how big would the likelihood of them causing social instability be?". The latter is the more misused and unfortunate argument even though in some cases it is relevant, you have to be wary a bit of dangerous people but all too often it translates to some nasty politically pushed xenophobia that is of a too extreme and un-nuanced nature and which mainly serves for populist political gain.

The UK has a population density of about 280 people per square meter, and its not like all of the UK is extremely nice productive land that is ripe for such density's. England as a result has a far higher population density even than Wales and Scotland. Per comparison the US has a population density of just under 100 people per square mile. The more extreme examples are rather nordic country's or say Canada with 4 people per square kilometer,
some might argue that they have a lot of unusable land but to be fair its a pretty resource rich country. it always appears somewhat conspicuous to me that economic immigrants arnt all so keen to moving way up north where wages are actually pretty high but you have to deal with the climate, i dont think Canada would nessecarily suffer all that much at all for having an extra 5 million Mexicans for example.

You guys should send Nigel Farage to the Falkands though, say it is because he can keep back Argie encroachment, he could certaintly build a base of loyal sheep there.

Last edited:
I’m saying your assertion that the UK doesn’t have channels for immigration open to anyone in the world fitting the right criteria is absolute rubbish.

You want an open door policy. The majority do not.

Except I didn’t say that. You appear to be arguing with your own misunderstanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.