Elvis Costello - Buxton

Orbital next Saturday, £38.

In terms of Costello I’ve never been able to understand why he’s so revered as some kind of musical genius. And why has he got an OBE, genuine question?
Overrated in the extreme for me, but if someone could link (or just name) a few of his best tracks* I’d happily give them a listen.

*apart from Oliver’s Army of course, which is indeed fabulous.

Edit - just had a look at his current show set list - 12/13 tracks in 2 hour 20 so he’s either doing plenty of raconteuring too, or his tracks have grown very long.
Tbf Pump it up is a great track as well.

Last edited:
Best value around IMO is A Certain Ratio. £25-35. Different set lists, meet the band selling merch (if that's your thing) and great songs based around the original trio plus additional musicians. New album is great too and showing up fellow old timers like New Order for output.

Orbital next Saturday, £38.

In terms of Costello I’ve never been able to understand why he’s so revered as some kind of musical genius. And why has he got an OBE, genuine question?
Overrated in the extreme for me, but if someone could link (or just name) a few of his best tracks* I’d happily give them a listen.

*apart from Oliver’s Army of course, which is indeed fabulous.

Edit - just had a look at his current show set list - 12/13 tracks in 2 hour 20 so he’s either doing plenty of raconteuring too, or his tracks have grown very long.
Tbf Pump it up is a great track as well.
Pump it up is my fav EC track
And Man out of Time a close 2nd. Brilliant lesser known track.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.