PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's a fruitless exercise. Yesterday I responded to a bloke who called us "oil money cheats". I asked him if he knew what the 115 breaches were? I then explained that almost all of the alleged breaches had been thrown out by CAS, so what were the PL thinking by coming after City again over the same allegations, using the same hacked evidence?

He responded with "STILL oil money cheats". What's the fuckin point? They've bought into the Red Top Mafia & Spuds narrative, & concluded we're guilty without even knowing what the breaches are.

It's frustrating, but fuck the lot of em. When this is all finally over & done with, today's newspapers will become tomorrow's packing material. The mud will continue to stick, but I suspect this was the least worse outcome for the Cartel Clubs.
When you have two alternatives ie either that:

1. the club in which I am emotionally invested have been outclassed on and off the pitch by a brilliant Manchester City who have thoroughly deserved their recent success or....

2. the club in which I am emotionally invested are fucking brilliant but have been cheated out of our entitlement to success by those foreign, brown-skinned, non-American dirty oil money cheats at City (which I know is true because it's always mentioned on sky and talksport etc).

Regardless of any outcome, any media campaign or anything else, it is Option 2 every single time for the rags, livarpool, spurs and arse. Nothing will change that because ultimately these clubs attract the kind of ignorant, moronic twats for whom Option 1 is beyond them emotionally and intellectually.

You only need to take a quick look at the Prestige Cards Twitter page to know that we shouldn’t rely on anything he posts - whether he’s mates with Cheeseman or not.

He actually admitted that he only posted after reading Tolmies tweets.

That isn't exactly what he said. He said he independently heard the same as @tolmie's hairdoo about the press, along with some more about the charges, but only decided to post after TH posted his part. Presumably after he thought that what he heard had been validated.

Anyway, true or not, who cares. Forest tonight :)

Reactions: Bez
Hopefully this whole business is moving to a conclusion which is very positive for our club, and quickly. The delays and uncertainty about when the "hearing" is may also suggest very strongly that the PL's case is either weak or even non-existent. We may indeed be hammering out a "settlement", or even the precise wording of a ruling. I don't think our legal representatives or our executives will insist on the case going to a hearing but they will have very clear views on what they require the outcome to be. In my opinion there must be a clear statement which makes misunderstanding and misinterpretation impossible, that "Manchester City are innocent of all the charges brought against them, that none of the evidence presented against the club amounted to anything remotely approaching a credible case while the evidence brought forward by the club was compelling and, indeed, irrefutable. Manchester City's accounts were a fair and complete record. The club has never falsified its accounts in any way." It has to be pointed out that CAS made a similar statement in its initial report on the outcome of the case there and yet the PL investigation continued, so I would insist on the statement including a warning that "The PL reminds its members that PL rules demand that all concerned deal with each other in good faith at all times and that any violations will be dealt with severely. Repetition of charges already investigated and dismissed constitute such violations". This may not stop the wild men of the media but the actions already taken (thanks yet again Tolmie!) may have already done that. I think City want an end to this nonsense once and for all far more than any revenge which might only arouse sympathy for insignificant (fat) microbes like ? and ? (details to be filled in with several of any number of names).
Cracking post mate.

David silva brings out the PL trophy
Kyle Walker lifts it
Pep signs new deal
City found not guilty

All the same day something to rival the Aguero winner I suppose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.