The goalkeeper situation

As an ambassador, just like Micah. Not sure how it’ll work out as he loves the club as it used to be, not as it is now.
I can see Hart being good on TV. He's an articulate and measured guy, unlike Richards the class clown whose unique talent is to never shut the fuck up, whilst saying absolutely nothing.

I can see Hart being good on TV. He's an articulate and measured guy, unlike Richards the class clown whose unique talent is to never shut the fuck up, whilst saying absolutely nothing.
Viewership of Micah goes down 90% when Kate Abdo isn't next to him.

Not to dismiss Ederson's record - he's brilliant - but Ortega would've won several golden gloves too in our first team.

GK rotation is unconventional I know but I do think that if anyone can make it work, it's Pep and City.
But Pep has chosen not to rotate his GKs. He has a No 1 and sticks with it. We'll never know whether Ortega would have won several Golden Gloves - our style of play leaves our GKs vulnerable at times (risk and reward) albeit it's rare for our GKs to face sustained pressure. He's 31 (still young for a GK) and wasn't noticed as a real talent until he was approaching his late 20s. We all feel a bit sorry for Ortega with him being too good to be a back up GK, but football and Pep especially doesn't work like that.

The bigger issue for me is what happens to our title hopes if something happens to Ortega? As I said in the other thread I’d be considering a one month contract for the donut thief

Not a chance he is inside the club in anyway as long as Pep is around.

Maybe an ambassador but not anywhere near the Etihad.

With Eddie injured and his propensity to blow hot and cold, Ortega's contract situation and Ortega having proven time and time again he's good enough to be a number one, we're in a bit of a pickle.

Personally I'd like Pep and the club to work out a situation where we don't have a number one keeper. I'd like to see Eddie and Ortega rotated on a permanent basis. Clubs have done this before and if any club can successfully implement it, it'd be City.

I guess Eddie might not take it well but that'd be for Pep to manage, which I'm sure he could.

Any situation that sees Ortega leave in the summer has to weaken us significantly surely.

What do you reckon?

(and I'm not one of the Ederson bashers. I love him, but Ortega is just too good to be a backup / be allowed to walk out)
It ain't broke bro so don't try to fix it.

Not a chance he is inside the club in anyway as long as Pep is around.

Maybe an ambassador but not anywhere near the Etihad.
haha can imagine Pep going round locking all the doors and saying to the security "if you see that guy carrying a pair of gloves don't let him anywhere near the pitch"

Eddie is rightly number one and will stay there , stefan is number two and domestic cups goalie , it will stay that way , he is not eddie with his skills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.