PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and the Italian 3 with the Saudis are laughing their socks off.

How to destroy a successful product in one single stupid decision.

Madness!

Is this an attempt by the big 5 to bring back the discussion for pushing forward with the super league?
They want us to start shopping.in Lidl instead of harrods is how I see it regardless of how.much money we make

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and the Italian 3 with the Saudis are laughing their socks off.

How to destroy a successful product in one single stupid decision.

Madness!

Is this an attempt by the big 5 to bring back the discussion for pushing forward with the super league?

If I was in charge of any of those leagues, I would be relaxing financial controls enough to allow big names in. English football had a 30/40 year advantage with the popularity of Liverpool and United and a combination of cultural appreciations.

But football fandom is changing now. People increasingly follow players, not clubs. If the PL is stupid enough to lose out on the next generation of top players to other leagues because of unnecessary financial control, there may be a price to pay in the longer term, especially with the cultural appreciations dwindling.

Tebas, for example, may be a ****, but I don't think he is stupid.

Just a personal view. May be bollocks.

If I was in charge of any of those leagues, I would be relaxing financial controls enough to allow big names in. English football had a 30/40 year advantage with the popularity of Liverpool and United and a combination of cultural appreciations.

But football fandom is changing now. People increasingly follow players, not clubs. If the PL is stupid enough to lose out on the next generation of top players to other leagues because of unnecessary financial control, there may be a price to pay in the longer term, especially with the cultural appreciations dwindling.

Tebas, for example, may be a ****, but I don't think he is stupid.

Just a personal view. May be bollocks.
Because masters & co havnt got the balls to stand up to the likes of the rags,dippers and gooners,everyone is going to pay the price,and once the financial restraints are put in place,the league will never have the pulling power it has now,because no disrespect to the likes of clubs like Bournemouth,Luton,Burnley and the majority of clubs are never going to rub shoulders with the so called big clubs,they havnt got large stadiums,multi sponsorships with global brands.

Surely it has to be net spend?

For example we sell Haaland to Real for £150m and have to spend £120m on his replacement. We should be £30m in profit but if it is gross spend we would have to make do with a Championship striker as otherwise we exceed the spend cap? Doesn't make any sense if its gross and surely even the turkeys won't vote for that.

Villa sold Grealish for £100m to us and bought 4 players and are on the verge of the CL, a gross spend limit would prevent that and the owners would just end up pocketing the money......bet the Glaziers would love that though :)
Could we see the reemergence of the once fairly common system of exchanging players?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.