PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Source. Super City From Maine Road - Facebook

NEWS DROP:

I’ll start by making it clear that the following post is not based on confirmed fact.
However, the source from within the club which this post is based on has said things in the past that panned out exactly the way they said it would, including managerial appointments, transfers and the UEFA CAS conclusion.

So… City have successfully cleared their name before Murray Rosen KC and his independent commission panel appointed by the Premier League. The charges have again failed to stand up to scrutiny.
City are now working with the Premier League to decide and implement the best exit strategy for the shit storm that will unfold once the official announcement is made.

With other clubs already punished and millions of football fans around the world whole heartedly expecting this process to be a formality with a view to City facing the music, it’s not going to go down well at all.
Both Etihad Stadium security and the security of the Premier League’s head office in central London are being reviewed and bolstered in anticipation of the fallout.
In addition to these ongoing plans, City have prepared multiple legal proceedings against various individuals and organisations (not limited to the UK) who have been deemed to assert City as guilty before due process has concluded.

The Premier League must now lie in the hole that it’s dug for itself. They had the opportunity to stop what they were doing when UEFA failed at CAS, they didn’t. They had the opportunity to stop when City refused offer of settlement, they didn’t.
Why they didn’t is likely part of the bigger picture that involves other clubs within the league and their overreach of power and influence over the years.
I urge you now to buy popcorn while it’s still in stock blues… THE SCENES WILL BE BIBLICAL
Even for my username that's a bit too much.

Gotta side with our guest. Nowt wrong with ‘gotten’……
Middle English geten, from Old Norse geta, and is related to Old English gietan. In British English, gotten was the preferred form some centuries ago. But, then around the 1600s, the standard form shifted to got – though gotten does appear in some British English dialects.
You're welcome.

You sure about that?
I'm happy to be corrected but in UK law, libel is normally a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory statement that is oral i.e. spoken. Hence the distinction.
Yes I'm sure.

Slander is transitory. Libel is about permanence. "Statements" means words, pictures, visual images, gestures or any other method of signifying meaning

Without wanting to be a killjoy, nothing has changed.

If you want reason for optimism then the incredibly high bar of proof these charges require should be enough.

But nothing is guaranteed and I certainly wouldn’t pin everything on rumours and Goldstein’s body language.

Stay calm and wait for the outcome - it’s going to be a long time yet.

I doubt very much that it is true (the charges being dropped). But you can picture social media if it did actually happen......

View attachment 117144
"A red weather warning has been issued to residents living on Merseyside. Report of a 200ft boiling piss tsunami is heading towards Liverpool. High chance of loss of life caused by drowning in urine. An evacuation plan is in place to move scousers to Ireland. But they have refused any more migrants. A COBRA meeting has taken place and it's rumoured the decision is fuck em..."

You sure about that?
I'm happy to be corrected but in UK law, libel is normally a defamatory statement that is written. Slander is a defamatory statement that is oral i.e. spoken. Hence the distinction.
a second opinion
Defamation is when someone makes a comment or statement about someone else that is unfair, untrue and likely to harm their reputation or character. Read more general information about defamation, libel and slander here.

Libel and slander are sub-types of defamation. Libel concerns defamatory statements that are permanent. On social media, this could range from a tweet on Twitter to a YouTube video.

Slander is when someone talks about someone else in a defamatory way. Arguably, you cannot slander someone over social media because comments made online are permanent and classed as publications. Even ‘temporary’ social media content, such as Instagram stories, can be preserved and distributed

That’s good to know but next time can you ask about the stuff that worries us ;)

Fans

Running out of chips
Muffin or Barm
I did have a nibble about season ticket increases. He said its still cheaper than most, i replied united have frozen theirs for 10 years, he then said, yeah but united have a roof that leaks and the catering/bars etc is crap .

Hard to argue with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.