PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's been discussed many times on here. Under UK law, which the PL have to follow, there is a 6-year limitation period unless there's evidence of fraud.

It's quite possible that the IC have looked at the evidence and ruled out the possibility of fraud. That would almost certainly mean that only transactions in the 2016/17 and 2017/18 financial years could be considered. That would completely rule out the Mancini contract and the Fordham image rights stuff.

The only thing they could consider is 2 years of the Etihad sponsorship, and they're going nowhere with that.
This makes it even more interesting, if it pans out that the the bulk of the breaches quoted are time barred then two questions need to be asked.
1. The investigation took 4 years to compile 115 breaches, so why were the charges not brought forward earlier?
2. If the PL genuinely believe they have a solid case that they believe in then would they be prepared to go down the route of quoting fraud?

I really hope that if the bulk of the charges are time barred that we as a club make a crystal clear statement that what we were being accused of was fraud, and it is the PL who wouldn't go down this route of investigation and not MCFC.

No journalist, TV pundit, or Youtuber is going to show their cease and desist letter from City in public. It would be career suicide. They will have all taken legal advice, and will have been told not to comment. So for anyone waiting for proof the letters have gone out that way, forget it.

What are you expecting? A circular dropping into your inbox?
Wheels move behind the scenes. We are only privvy to snippets and clippets courtesy of TH and some chap that sells motors.... and that's good enough for me as a know nowt hanger-on who's not that arsed to follow things super closely, but will use the information on anyone who crosses my path who has a big gob and a full blown case of ignorance and stupidity.
As you were...

Aye, calm your tits ffs. No, I'm not expecting jack shit.

But I'll pull up any muppet that goes out claiming a snide snigger by a youtuber is proof that letters have been sent out which is then proof we have been cleared.

Fucking nuance ffs.

No journalist, TV pundit, or Youtuber is going to show their cease and desist letter from City in public. It would be career suicide. They will have all taken legal advice, and will have been told not to comment. So for anyone waiting for proof the letters have gone out that way, forget it.
The biggest bit of proof needed is nearly every outlet theat kept mentioning it have all gone very quiet about the charges and all at the same time

The Scouse jurno on twitter mentioned it

Thanks.
Can people really not read?
Does it really need explanationg that doesnt even suggest that letters have been sent. In fact, it suggests the opposite, that people are excited by 'the idea of' journalists getting letters.

Aye, calm your tits ffs. No, I'm not expecting jack shit.

But I'll pull up any muppet that goes out claiming a snide snigger by a youtuber is proof that letters have been sent out which is then proof we have been cleared.

Fucking nuance ffs.
You do you and let others do them, then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.