Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

You’d rather have Palmer than Doku?

Strange.

Jérémy is 21. He’s in his first season in the Premier League and he is still learning Pep’s system.

I bet you wanted us to get rid of Rodri, Mahrez and Jack after their first season with us.
Yep, much better in a lot of departments than Doku, bar dribbling and acceleration I’d say. Most importantly - decision making.
Palmer is 21 also, until tomorrow so that’s a pointless argument, as he too is also having his first proper season of playing in this league.

Makes it more special when he’s come through the academy also

No I’ve never wanted rid of any of the other 3 you’ve mentioned there

Yep, much better in a lot of departments than Doku, bar dribbling and acceleration I’d say. Most importantly - decision making.
Palmer is 21 also, until tomorrow so that’s a pointless argument, as he too is also having his first proper season of playing in this league.

Makes it more special when he’s come through the academy also

No I’ve never wanted rid of any of the other 3 you’ve mentioned there
Doku gives us something that Palmer doesn’t and would never be able to.

Speed. Jérémy must scare defenders shitless.

Palmer wanted to leave for two years. Doku cost us £12 million nett. Best outcome all round, I would say.

It seems like a popular thing to do when people are happy about a win to point out the team they beat is bad. It’s worth pointing out West Ham have been above us all season, beat us at their ground and beat Arsenal at the Emirates. It’s all moot anyway, as my general point was just how well Cucurella has been playing since Poch altered his role, starting with the second half at Villa away.
Sorry bud no offense but he is wank. Great miss by us.

Sorry bud no offense but he is wank. Great miss by us.

He has been utterly wank for 18 months of the 18 months he’s been here. I’m just acknowledging that he’s been quite good the last 2.5 games and maybe this version of him, the inverted version that supports the build up and is a positive influence on the game is the version we might have seen at City had Pep actually signed him.

Last edited:
He has been utterly wank for 18 months of the 18 months he’s been here. I’m just acknowledging that he’s been quite good the last 2.5 games and maybe this version of him, the inverted version that supports the build up and is a positive influence on the game is the version we might have seen at City had Pep actually signed him.
Zinchenko was best thing since sliced bread in an inverted FB role for about 1/2 season before his flaws started becoming apparent. And he cost Arsenal <half what you paid for Cuccarella.

It seems like a popular thing to do when people are happy about a win to point out the team they beat is bad. It’s worth pointing out West Ham have been above us all season, beat us at their ground and beat Arsenal at the Emirates. It’s all moot anyway, as my general point was just how well Cucurella has been playing since Poch altered his role, starting with the second half at Villa away.
We’ve managed to win half a dozen premier leagues, a couple of FA Cups, loads of Carabao Cups, a Champions League and numerous community shields, the super cup and the club World Cup all whilst playing poor teams. How fortunate is that?

Is that a whole two and a half games. Any add ons?

Zinchenko was best thing since sliced bread in an inverted FB role for about 1/2 season before his flaws started becoming apparent. And he cost Arsenal <half what you paid for Cuccarella.

I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make. What does Zinchenko have to do with anything? I just said seeing him play well in this role made me understand why Pep initially wanted him. I always wondered why that was, because I couldn’t see it watching him at Chelsea. I’m not in any way claiming he’s amazing or that he’s somehow turned a corner. It’s disappointing that one has to always add 100 disclaimers to posts to avoid having to defend things one never even said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.