United Thread - 2023/24

But wouldn't a good manager find a way to drill something into them? It's nearly the end of the season, he has had time. How do we know they're just not poor instructions, rather than it being a case of the players not following them? That's only his words.

Look at the turnaround from Gerrard to Emery at Villa. I'm sure Gerrard would tell you he was giving them instructions and they weren't carrying them out, because he isn't going to say he was giving poor instructions is he? - yet a good manager clearly got the same players to follow instructions no bother.

Of course players should take some blame. Decent players should at least be able to organise themselves on a pitch. I just think when it's going on for months and months, it's mostly poor coaching, instructions and management.

Good managers find a way to get them following instructions, regardless of if they're good or bad instructions.
They are 100% a poorly coached side. No one would expecting them to be challenging for the title with those injuries, in much the same way we struggled with Ferna and Otamendi as centre backs, but you'd expect a team with that much money on the pitch to be well-drilled and to have some professionalism. It'd be one thing if it was early Pep or Klopp sticking to a plan A but getting mixed results due to not having the right players, but he's two years in, there's no plan a, and there is no dignity in the squad to at least lose with respect. I think it's fucking funny, and I hope he gets another year, but he's a joke manager and a joke club at this stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.