PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Spot on. I remember listening to Talkshite one morning when getting a lift to work just after UEFA announced they’d banned us for 2 years. Somewhat incredibly, Alan Brazil of all people was one of a very small number in the media ever to actually suggest we might be innocent. He had Ziegler on the show and said something along the lines of “Well City have issued a statement saying they’re innocent of any wrongdoing. Surely that counts for something?”, only for that **** Ziegler to completely ignore what Brazil had just said.

I think the statements the club have issued, have not been given enough merit or mention.

Stefan has repeatedly pointed out that as a starting point, it would have to be considered as unlikley that deceit of this scale involving so many people has been carried out for so long. Based on basic logic as well audited books and evidence.

Well to me, the same goes for their statements. They are completely unambiguous, direct, and proclaiming total innocence.

To think we are guilty is then presuming the heads of the club, are outright lying.

Serious and significant people, with built up trust and worldwide connections, publicly lying. I don't see that. And that's before you bring cultural traits into it. While we all know about sportswashing and human rights in the Arab world, their cultural value of honesty is not often brought up.

Contrast for example, our statements on both the uefa and PL cases, to our 2014 statement, which while it set out a position of no deliberate wrongdoing, it was more reserved and did use the word like 'difference of interpretation', 'in normal circumstances' etc which left room for it to play out. These have left no doubt that the club are convinced they have done nothing wrong, and I think that should be mentioned more.

Last edited:
That was a calm and reasoned response on your part Stefan, not sure why Gorton has had a go at you. If you had behaved like Jordan there would have been far less credibility to the points you made. An ill considered fan like response would not have helped our case. Well done!

I completely agree, very reasoned, educated which removed the innuendo & emotion of Jordan’s argument.

I was listening on the radio, so missed the grimace.

It is very difficult, maybe impossible, as that's what he does for a living and despite his attempts to present himself as not anti City it is just an act he hates us with a passion.

They ask you one question and while you are trying to answer they interject loudly with another.

I suppose the correct response from you would be to match their levels of shit housery but I suspect you're too measured and too decent to do that.

What's required is your knowledge and a proper Manchester 'fuck off' attitude. Liam Borsan? Stefan Gallagher?

But realistically you needed to kick back with either "let me finish" or refute his current interjection as loudly and rudely as he made it.
Simon, I'm certain I was talking before you were interrupting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.