Jo arrested

I remember his press conference. A journalist asked Hughes what qualities he had that would make him an asset. He looked at him and said "he's a big lad" almost as if he knew literally nothing about him as a player.
also remember Jo describing himself as the person with the best volley in the game, then Hughes cut him down saying "thats not true, cos i was"

Oh how the World cup of 82 is forgotten!

Brazil had 10 players with the touch of an Angel accompanied by Serginho at centre forward with the touch of an elephant.
Serginho was hopeless, but better than Jo.

Also, it was 9 players in 82 as their goalkeeper Valdo Perez looked like the singer from Hot Chocolate and was similarly shite.

I remember in the pre match thread before we played Salzburg away, I put a comment on that there was more chance of Julie Andrews running across the pitch singing "The hills are alive with the sound of music" than there was of Jo scoring.

Next days MUEN headline was along the lines of "The hills are alive with the sound of City". They even quoted my prediction from 'bladdered on Bluemoon'...one of my very few claims to fame.

There was a poster on here IIRC whose username was All We Need Is Jo

Giving life to that username was probably Jo’s finest achievement in a City shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.