Argument with rag about old trafford not being in manchester

rick1894citizen

Remember reading on here a post which i think was by Gary James, can't find it anywhere can anyone clarify the facts about postal codes, city boundries changing and Newton Heath playing in Oldham originally?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The simple fact is that Old Trafford is in the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford and it's to the Trafford Council that the Rags pay their Council Tax.

On the other hand, the City of Manchester Stadium, Maine Road and Hyde Road before that were/are all within the City of Manchester and our Council Tax is paid to Manchester City Council.

Simples! *makes meerkat noise*

they only have manchester in their name to hang on our coat tails, had they traded as "trafford utd" no fucker would have heard of the place.

must gripe that we are the only team to come from manchester.

out of interest, why does the U*ited post code start with an "M"?

Does that not mean, Manchester.

Just asking because when i had this argument with a rag, he brought this one out, had no come back really :/

King Of The Kippax said:
out of interest, why does the U*ited post code start with an "M"?

Does that not mean, Manchester.

Just asking because when i had this argument with a rag, he brought this one out, had no come back really :/
look on their tickets for the derby

'the borough of trafford' arf arf

JOGAMIGMOG said that already which came back with the "it only changed in 72 because of local government act" and would like a clever factual response as he's quite clever and annoys me when he thinks he has won the debate :(

To king of kippax parts of other areas have manchester post code will try and find out but Salford including Little hulton which is almost Bolton, im from Flixton and still class myself as a manc rather than traffordian but that goes against the debate so wont go into that ;)

If you go off post codes Altrincham is in Warrington, so they're not really relevant!

They are losing it about everything now and it is becoming dangerous to engage them in conversation.

king

post codes mean nothing
as you see i am from Glossop Derbyshire
my post code is SK13
SK for Stockport
so when the rags pull the post code thing just wheel that one at them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.