Funny one-off chants

At one of the first games played at the Etihad or COMS as it was then, sung by the East Stand to the South Stand:

Two tiers, you've only got two tiers

- 4 nil down with 20 minutes to go in the Yellow kit at Highbury "We're Gonna Win The League"

- 5-2 up at Stoke and still heading for successive relegations "Are You Watching Macclesfield" (who were in the course of being promoted)

- Millwall away night game when they kept us back for 2 hours "Let Us Out Let Us Out Let Us Out"
(and no one really meant it)

-When Ged Brannan committed a foul for us and the ref only gave him a yellow, "Off Off Off Off"

-Christmas versus the Scousers "You Should Have Gone Christmas Robbing"

"One Ginger Elvis, There's Only One Ginger Elvis!!!"

At the Railway Station in Schalke, Hundreds of City Fans on one platform, Ginger Elvis on the other....

To the tune of whole world in his hands

'He's got a tea towel on his head' to Efe Sodje (for Macclesfield?)

'one Whoopi Goldberg, there's only one Whoopi Goldberg'

'Whoopi Whoopi give us a wave' etc....etc...

North stand circa 2001 sung to Fulhams Rufus Brevett, he took it in good humour, plus we won 4-1.

Sat in the South Stand quite a bit during the Pearce era when there wasn't much to cheer about and we used to break into random chants about some of our ex players such as Alan Kernaghan, Carl Griffiths, Bob Taylor, Terry Cooke and Richard Edghill to name a few.

Either it was just a bit of deliberate irony to cheer us up as we were very bored, or we were just reminding ourselves that things used to be even worse than they were at that time!

Vs sunderland last year in the 3-3, mackems weren't happy the way dzeko went down for the penny and we all sang "lets all do the dzeko" making a diving motion with our hands. Got laughs off the away fans and I thought it was class.

I still can't get my head around the city fans singing " you're my Alan ball " to the tune of wonderwall. Were we Insane or just that desperate for any kind of success?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.