USA Summer rumor

It was reported in The Sun a few weeks ago that City and Chelsea will be part of a mini-tournament but I was under the impression City's trip to the USA will only be very short, around 7 days, as it'd come right when the season ends (same as Chelsea) and before the players go on holiday.

mancity dan said:
TonyM said:
Hope we sign players early and do a stateside tour again. I really believe that a large portion of blame for our poor start to the season was because we couldn't repeat the approach of the previous preseason.

With no Euro's or World Cup we should have more players available for pre-season and all of them should have more of a rest.

That will be the same for all teams.

I'd never pay to be in attendance at an after-season friendly. Almost impossible for a sporting event to be more mailed in than that with a jet to Barbados waiting for them after the final whistle.

mancity dan said:
TonyM said:
mancity dan said:
With no Euro's or World Cup we should have more players available for pre-season and all of them should have more of a rest.
I hope so. We need real focus this summer.

Same here. Players like David Silva haven't had much rest at all since they have been with us. Fingers croseed we can hit the ground running.

Isn't it the Confederations Cup this Summer?

If so, Merlin - and maybe Javi Garcia - will be involved with Spain.

the confederations cup is 15-30th of j
Vienna_70 said:
mancity dan said:
TonyM said:
I hope so. We need real focus this summer.

Same here. Players like David Silva haven't had much rest at all since they have been with us. Fingers croseed we can hit the ground running.

Isn't it the Confederations Cup this Summer?

If so, Merlin - and maybe Javi Garcia - will be involved with Spain.

the confederations cup is 15-30th of june so during pre-season spain are involved.

I heard about this a few weeks ago but remained tight lipped.....
First I heard it would be in New York (YES!!!! Just 200 miles from Boston!) and then I heard it would be against the New York Cosmos, opening their new ground (but quick searches found it wasn't opening until next year).

Friday I heard it was Chelsea in a 4 game tournament.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
I heard about this a few weeks ago but remained tight lipped.....
First I heard it would be in New York (YES!!!! Just 200 miles from Boston!) and then I heard it would be against the New York Cosmos, opening their new ground (but quick searches found it wasn't opening until next year).

Friday I heard it was Chelsea in a 4 game tournament.

Its in the mail tonite and it is with chelsea.right after last game of the season and before england friendlies

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4858097/FA-back-Chelsea-and-Man-City-US-trips.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... trips.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.