Further Questions from a Newcastle forum

The Fish

All right lads, back again, thanks for all the replies last time around.

In preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?

Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on the Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

Re: Questions from a Newcastle forum

The Fish said:

In preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

Prem winners, possible Champions league quarters/semi.

Another striker and another CB. I think that's it really.

Jesus Navas is the main one for me so far

Think if Aguero can stay injury free he'll be top scorer next year, I've also got a feeling we might see the best of Silva (apparently Pellegrini is a big fan). Hopefully Guidetti can get a few games under his belt.

Don't want to make that call at this point to be honest

The scum (I think we'll take 6 points of them this year)

Most: Funnily enough, your lot. Always a great trip
Least: None really. I don't fear anyone this year.

0-2 Yaya Toure. We knew that if we beat you we were nearly home and dry with just bottom of the league to beat for the title.

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

I sympathise with you lot to be honest, we've had to put up with that sort of thing a lot over the years as well.

Ben Arfa can always cause problems and wouldn't mind Collocini at the back

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?

Did a great job for you in the 11-12 season. Certainly wouldn't describe him as a bad manager

Unless you make a few top signings I think you'll end up about 15th.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on the Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

The Fish said:

Top 2 in EPL, CL QF, Domestic cup

Being more direct and scoring more goals. Need to be more tactically astute in CL.

For City, Navas and Fernandihno

Nastasic, Nasri and Dzeko

None, but Yaya needs to step it up from last season, which I think he will do.

First 3, Derby matches, Xmas/New Year, run in

Newcastle, cos my wife's family are Geordies

The 2-0 win for City in the penultimate game of the 11/12 season. Yaya scoring both.

Cannot understand it. If you've got a history of heart problems the last thing you need to do is piss off the Geordies.

Probably none as first choice, but Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Colocini are decent players

Never had a problem with Pards, he's a good manager.

Top half, but only just.

The Fish said:

Challenge for the Premier League, ie being right up there in the final stages, and a good run in the Champions League, quarter finals would be good progress

I'm happy with business so far. In Navas and Fernandinho we have pace, width, drive and mobility in midfield. I'd still like a 'number 9' though. Last season we dominated most games in terms of possession but just couldn't stick the ball in the net. Negredo looks to be the man we're bringing in. Don't know much about him but had a great season in Spain last year. The Jovetic deal seems like it could be a goer and he'd add a bit of flair and creativity, so I'm happy on that front

Navas is certainly one, had a good Confederations Cup. If Arsenal sign Higuaín it'll be interesting to see if he can adapt to the physical nature of the Premier League. That Bony that Swansea have signed is supposed to be shit hot too.

I think Aguero and Silva will greatly benefit from Pellegrini's open style of football. Fernandinho's price tag probably shocked a lot of people but I think he'll come up with the goods in the engine room. Nastasic had a great breakthrough season last year and if he can continue his progress there's no ened to what the lad can achieve.

Hard to say. Garcia hasn't really shown much so far, and given his lack of pace and his tendency to dwell on the ball he might struggle to adapt to a new style. So I'll say him.

First and last games, games against that lot, then away games against yoursleves, Villa and Fulham. Great days/weekends out.

The most, yourselves and Fulham, as above. The least, Everton and Sunderland, we get fuck all there!

I wasn't alive in '68 so I'd have to go with the 2-0 the other year. Cometh the hour, cometh the man

Surprising, to say the least. The season you finished 5th it looked like Ashley had got his act together and was building a good unit. For whatever reason you didn't strengthen anywhere near well enough last summer given you had European football. I don't think anyone saw the Kinnear thing coming, that radio interview said it all really. One of my best mates is a big Newcastle fan and he's giving it the 'why always us'

Sissoko and Cabaye probably, very good players. Ben Arfa is a great talent but not sure about his attitude. Santon is probably a better left-back than Kolarov too, it's not difficult.

I think he's harmless enough. He runs his mouth on the touchline a bit but comes across ok in interviews. Certainly not as annoying as Ferguson/Dalglish/Wenger/Moyes/Redknapp/Di Canio

I think you'll be ok. No european football will help with the squad. I expect at least two of the three teams coming up to go back down, and there are worse teams than you in the rest of the division. I'll go for 12th or something like that

Please post more.

No problem lad.

Win the league
We need a striker but Pelle also said that so it will be sorted, more than likely Negredo who's boss but I'm worried if Kun gets an injury we'll play Negredo and Dzeko.

Navas, Van Wolfswinkle, Bony, Okara.

Aguero. Honestly believe he'll get 40 goals next season barring an injury.
Garcia, Maicrock and Lolarov if there still here.

First, last and the Manchester derby.
None, Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton were class as I could easily go and we took a good support there but now all 3 are relegated.

0-2 with Yaya scoring both goals. knew th league was won then.

Cring-worthy, think Ashley only appointed Joe in the hope Pardew walks.

Cabaye and Ben Arfa would improve our team, would be delighted with Santon and Steven Taylor as squad players.

I like him.

Good lad.

The Fish said:

Title contenders, CL QF, Domestic Cup Final

Creating more goalscoring opportunities and taking our chances

Navas, Fernandinho and whoever else we buy

If Navas and Fernandinho settle quickly, I could see them making a massive difference to our team and the way we play. I also feel if Rodwell finally stays injury free, he could have a big part to play and may surprise quite a lot of people. Milner aswell if he gets more chances

Time will tell, but with plenty of depth in our squad, I don't think anybody will really get chance to have a disastrous campaign for us. A couple of poor performances and they will just be replaced by somebody who will step up and take their chance, meaning the player dropped will find it very difficult to get back into the side unless their game improves.

First few games, Derby games, Xmas/New Year and end of season run-in

Cardiff is a new ground and first away game aswell, so looking forward to that

2-0 away game during title run-in when Yaya scored both

Your club do seem to like shooting themselves in the foot and making themselves a laughing stock to the rest of the teams in the country. Just when you get over one mini crisis and starting performing well, Mike Ashley comes up with another genius idea which takes your club back a few steps. I can see nothing but problems with this appointment and feel it undermines Pardew who from the outside looks to be doing a good job. I'd be surprised if you're not looking for a new manager by the end of Xmas

Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Fancy doing a trade for Nasri?

Seems to have come in and done a good job, just when you needed a moment of stability. No better than Chris Hughton, but no worse than the media's darling Harry Redknapp

If the Kinnear appointment poses no problems, then anywhere between 8th and 12th. Otherwise, no better than last season

The Fish said:

Winners or close 2nd.
CL semi finalist.

Top quality striker to partner Aguero.

Wilfrid Zaha to see how the diving lessons are paying off.

Silva, Navas and Aguero.

Joe Hart because he'll have fuck all to do.

The scum and our only bogey team sunderland, who despite being pure shit, always fluke a result. Even worse now with a nazi in charge.

Might sound odd but the scum for both.

3-3 at Maine Rd. (apart from that twat asprilla doing his daft celebration about 10ft away from me)

I can't see anything but trouble for Newcastle with this appointment. Making him director of football is like my wife appointing me director of healthy eating and staying sober.

No offence mate but I don't think you have any player that could improve us in any position. Without wishing to sound arrogant, not many teams in the league have anyone who are better anywhere.

I'm afraid kinnear will undermine his authority and cause dissent and disruption within the players and staff. While everyone is playing silly fuckers, it's you the fans, that will suffer.

From what I've already said, I fear the worst for you this season. As another Blue has pointed out, we've had our fair share of crap over the years. The premier league needs clubs like Newcastle with its big ground and large fan base. The men at the top are going to fuck you over by the looks of things. I genuinely wish you the best of luck though because Newcastle and West Ham fans are the only ones I've got any time for to be honest.

Win the title and progress out group stages in Europe.

We need a CB, LB to replace Kolarov and a leftsided wide player. Strikers should be sorted in coming days.

Our own first and foremost. After that it's the likes of Schurlle, Van Wolfwinkel, Liverpools new players to see if Rodgers has chosen well and of course your lot to see how JFK has done. Other than that not bothered.

Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Fernandinho and Navas. Very optimistic.

All of then were played within themselves. Only Zabaleta and Nastasic were of the standards expected. Garcia is absolutely dross though. Got stung there.

Them lot as you can imagine (Sunderland for you), I also keep an eye out for Chelsea, Liverpool, yourselves, Swansea, Southampton and Baggies.

Old Trafford. Hope we make it three in a row.

2012. Must win game against a good Newcastle side who were playing great stuff. Yaya ;)

Absolute fucking clown. I cannot find a single positive in bringing him in. He's like a dose of chlamydia, embarrassing and unwanted. I just hope Ashley sees the error in his decision making and culls him before players and managers want out. He's good for the character aspect if the game but nothing else. He's an arrogant, deluded, lying, ignorant tosser if nothing else. You should nickname him 'The Locksmith', after all he can open any door ;)

Ben Arfa or should I say Ben Afrie? Haha. Seriously though, proper player that lad, shame he's made of glass but one of best on any pitch on his day. I like the look of Tiote and Taylor. I think we could utilise them both well.

He's been hypocritical (moaned about arsenal with foreigners and now has a team nicknamed le toon) and he's a self publicist but I like him. The silverfox is a good manager and just needs time to gel the team and patience. I do fear for him with Kinnear in the background, cant help but feel Kineear will replace him.

Top 10 and maybe a surprise cup run into late stages.

Best of luck for the season btw. Please pass a link on to your forum so we can read your replies to our responses. Take care fella.

The Fish said:

Win the title and get out of the CL group stages

Left flank, up front and perhaps an experienced defender. Jovetic and Negredo seem most likely. Possibly Pepe too.

Obviously Navas and Fernandinho, but to add to that Dwight Gayle, Higuain, Paulinho and Van Wolfswinkel

Samir Nasri, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho

Yaya Toure maybe? or second season syndrome from Nastasic

Derbies, first and last games.

Most - Rags at home
Least - Sunderland away

The pen-ultimate game of our title winning season. YAAYAAAAAA...

It's all a bit of a shambles if I'm honest. I couldn't think of a less suited person in football for a DoF role.

Cabaye perhaps

Not sure, he is a good manager, albeit rather inconsistent. He does seem to run his mouth a little but I would put that down to passion, and I can't help but laugh when he gets on Wengers saggy tits.

9th

The Fish said:

Think we should challenge for the league , ideally make it out of the group stage of champs league.

I think were alright , I hate being down on our people but I'd like dzeko gone. His attitude was atrocious at times last year. If we get rid of kolarov we need someone capable of being a dickhead/hard . Pepe perhaps?

Navas, Fern, especially navas though

Silva and aguero gonna be back , excited about Rodwell

Maybe not disappointing but nasti may not progress as fast as he did last year and people will probably be more critical of mistakes

Newcastle

Right now probably Cardiff as its first and I've enjoyed Cardiff the last time I was there

0-0 in 2006 , unremarkable but first city/football game I attended

He's been pretty funny so far, but can't see it ending well.

Cabaye , wouldn't be upset about Ben arfa , debauchy if the position wasn't filled

There's something about him I really like , I'm not sure what and I'm a terrible judge of character, he just seems reassuring maybe?

Wouldn't bet against relegation , wouldn't bet against Europa league .. I think there's a lot of talent but who knows what will happen in the next 10 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.