Baseball

Saw the LA dodgers once, absolute shit! What a boring game. For a country who love things fast and action packed i do not understand how they invented this and american football. I still enjoyed myself though, it was all you can eat hotdogs and i got dead dead pissed

CTID1988 said:
Saw the LA dodgers once, absolute shit! What a boring game. For a country who love things fast and action packed i do not understand how they invented this and american football. I still enjoyed myself though, it was all you can eat hotdogs and i got dead dead pissed

It's a very social game, you need to go with a few mates, have a laugh and bud or five and it's a great night out. Go and your own and you'll be off your tits with boredom.

metalblue said:
CTID1988 said:

It's a very social game, you need to go with a few mates, have a laugh and bud or five and it's a great night out. Go and your own and you'll be off your tits with boredom.

Yeah, i was there with a few people which made it a lot easier! Nobody there seemed to be watching the game, just eating a drinking

CTID1988 said:
metalblue said:
CTID1988 said:

Yeah, i was there with a few people which made it a lot easier! Nobody there seemed to be watching the game, just eating a drinking

Thats kinda the point :P. u watch it when u have nothing to talk about. get bored watching then talk about something else then eat and drink more lol

The best way to watch baseball is in the background while you're having a beer and a chat. It's not really a sport that you stay riveted to the game from the furst minute to the last.

I love it.

The food and beer hawkers are frigging annoying, they have a great ability to stand in your line of vision at crucial points of the game.

It's not innings 1-5 that are the most interesting, it's the last 4, especially in a tight game when the opening pitcher gets tired or sussed out and the coach has to go to the bull pen, then when does he select his 'closer'.

Find out about the pitchers and what they are expected to do, it's a bit like when and in what situations does a cricket captain bowl a particular bowler, but remember, unlike cricket the pitcher rarely goes to a fielding position and once they've been substituted they can't come back on, so once they have been used, that's it.

better dead than red said:
In Philadelphia or NYC? Philadelphia fans of all sports have a reputation. Their old football team (gridiron) had a jail underneath the seating. Not long ago some "kids" they were men in their 20's, decided to get drunk and make themselves vomit on a 10 year to old girl seated in front of them because they thought it would be funny. Her family were also Phillies fans.

They save the life threats for fans of opposing teams. I love baseball but fans of Philadelphia teams treat opposition supporters poorly. One of my mates is from Philly. He told me everyone from Philly thinks they can fight just by virtue of being from Philadelphia. It could be like a City away match where you are sitting in the home section if you decide to support the Mets. Be smart and be alert. Have a great time.
It'll be at Shea Stadium or whatever they call it now ;)

CTID1988 said:

they didn't invent baseball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.