Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

Wow! Shocking news to put a damper on an otherwise great day.

Sincerely wish his family all the best and my thoughts are with them.

Legend & a HERO.

LoveCity said:
Sky Germany reporting it. :(

Also on Eurosport he had two heart attacks this year and apparently couldnt recover from the second. Eurosport say his wife has given a statement so it has to be true :-( RIP Bert

Big Swifty said:
I saw Bert play a lot. When I heard it anounced on the BBC TV One o'clock News, I am not ashamed to say my eyes were full of tears.
I feel as if I have lost a close friend, if not a relative.

You're not alone Blue, and we shouldn't be ashamed, even those of who were too young to see him play. What he did and his story means the world to us. He will always be woven into the fabric of our club.

Although I'm an Everton fan I felt that I had to register to pass on my condolences to all the City fans on the loss of Bert, who I was fortunate enough to meet on a couple of occasions when I worked in the Legends Lounge.
He was a really nice, down to earth fella who I'm sure will be missed. RIP Bert.

"I can't say it often enough: I've always said my education began in the UK. The way I was treated - with fairness, kindness, tolerance - even as a prisoner of war - by the people of Lancashire, Mancunians and Great Britain. I am more English than German, even though I was born German. You are a special kind of people, and this is a special kind of island."

Bert Trautmann 22/10/1924 - 19/07/2013

RIP big guy x

I was lucky enough to meet him and have our photo taken.He was a gentleman and a fantastic footballer.

A very sad day and my sincere condolences.

RIP Sir Bert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.