Players You Think Are Lucky To Make A Living From Football

bluemoon27 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1k658QIFBE[/youtube]

watching blue dippers yesterday and everytime I see Steven Peinaar play football I think how on earth have you become a professional footballer let alone at the highest level,he runs like phoebe off friends ,cant tackle ,his touch is awful,basically he is fookin shite.I know its all about opinions but which footballer do you think the same about

Peinaar was easily one of the best players on the pitch yesterday.

If he is the best example you can come up with to illustrate your point there is very little hope for you.

Stoned Rose said:
bluemoon27 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1k658QIFBE[/youtube]

watching blue dippers yesterday and everytime I see Steven Peinaar play football I think how on earth have you become a professional footballer let alone at the highest level,he runs like phoebe off friends ,cant tackle ,his touch is awful,basically he is fookin shite.I know its all about opinions but which footballer do you think the same about

Peinaar was easily one of the best players on the pitch yesterday.

If he is the best example you can come up with to illustrate your point there is very little hope for you.
Are you serious? It seemed that every touch he had went to the opposition. And I do actually rate him as a player. But he was poor yesterday.

Every single one of them is lucky to be blessed with that talent. Best job in the world.

mcfc_ms said:
marcus said:
Just wondering if the op has played football at any decent level? Highest I got was the lancs and Cheshire league which is fuck knows how many levels down the pyramid, but it's a fucking lot!!!
Anyway, about 4 years ago we had Gareth Whalley (played for crewe then Bradford in the prem) play for us in a title decider. He came on as a sub and his talent shone like you can't believe, and he was 37 then. To even play for teams in the northern premier you have to be a hell of a player, never mind the premier league.

So, not one single player in the any of the top four divisions, and probably a good few leagues below, can blag it. It just isn't possible!!! You have to have considerable talent or you'd be found out immediately.

As an aside to the above point, in the changing rooms after the afore mentioned game (which we won, beating Whalley range) I asked Gaz Whalley who the best player he ever played against was. He thought for a second before replying, "Patrick Veirra at Highbury was pretty good". How fucking awesome it must be to be able to say that sentence.

Spot on with this. I used to play as kids with someone who trained for Liverpool's academy and he was by far a million levels away from anyone our age at school. We honestly thought he would be playing in the premier league. He has made a very good career in the very low leagues for a few clubs. Just shows how good the real proper professionals are.

My mate Dave was a brilliant footballer (unbelievable quick feet) but too small to make it as a pro. He played to a decent standard but not even non league
Anyway, him and a group of lads of equal standard, took part in a five a side competition and won the Manchester tournament
The landlord of the Grey Horse in Heaton Norris was former Stockport County player Alan Price, who told Dave that if they won the Northern finals that were being held in Sheffield, Pricey would gather some of his former team mates and give them a game
Dave's team won in Sheffield. True to his word Pricey gathered his comrades for the challenge and Dave's team fucking smashed them

I played for Manchester schools, Manchester boys and Lancashire schools as a 12-15 year old and played with and against several unbelievable players (at that level) during those years.

The only 3 I know who made the top league were Gary and Phil Neville and Jon Macken.

All 3 of these were incredibly good and head and shoulders above the rest of us the times I played them. Macken scored 7 goals against us in one game. The Neville's were ultra attacking wing backs rather than the defenders they became.

None of them were stand outs at prem level though.

laserblue said:
Titus Bramble. Stole a living by masquerading as a professional footballer for years. Played for Ipswich, Newcastle, Wigan and Sunderland and it was only earlier this year that Di Canio realised what a bag of shite he is and got rid of him.

scored a cracking goal against utd as a kid for ipswich...can,t fault the lad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.