BT Sport about to snatch the CL off Sky/ITV?

ColinLee said:
Everybody on here who thinks this is going to be a good thing are going to be very disappointed.
BT have paid a ridiculous amount of money for the rights and have to recoup that somehow, that means YOU paying more.
BT aren't exactly the cheapest option now, we've just swapped to Sky broadband (they've only just rolled out in our area) and are paying half price (£3.75 a month for 12 months) compared to BTs offer of £17 odd. The only extra they could throw in was BT sports free and a claim that I'll get better speeds from them (as it turns out I get 18Mbs compared to their 17Mbs on copper pair so go figure).
BT CANNOT compete on price with Sky or even Virgin.
And anyone who thinks Sky are on the decline are really grasping, they're a monster company and are going nowhere. BT Sports could easily do a Setanta and disappear up Michael Owens backside which would be the only interesting thing about the man.
Nbc sport bought the rights to the premier league for a record price beyond anything that's ever been paid for the epl and there return for the investment is not at any cost to the customer..in fact we in the states could not be happier but I don't know how it will be in Britain I like to think they would be decent enough to follow a similar model

Maybe we'll start getting a fair crack of the whip from their coverage given the sponsorship of City Square?

andy_aston said:
BUDTHEWISER said:
Dave S said:
Been with Virgin for 18 years and have never had a problem.
Is multi room available with Virgin?

it's £6.50 for an additional box
They will probably price match with Sky if you already have a multi-room setup. Good thing with Virgin is we get BT Sport in HD on all 3 TiVo boxes. I think it is limited to one box with Sky at the moment.

Thank fuck thats only for the UK. The money are splashing out is huge BT. I think Sky loosing out on this will make sure they will keep there remaining content. Be it cricket and Rugby Union , Golf , F1 and the other sports. Also it will also give sky more spending power by missing out for other sports. More of Boxing for me I hope as they have some brilliant boxers who could go a long way. Sky are already showing more fights from the US expect to see more. As long as Sky keeps the bulk of the premier league games then they will be fine and will dust themselfs off and battle again. I was always under the impression football and certain sport events were always protected on free to air tv. Be it World Cups and European Championships and England internationals for some reason I thought the Champions league final was also protected. I think I also seen a report that BT were looking into getting the World Cup rights too. That has always been free to air I wonder what reaction that got if they did get those rights.

leighton said:
Thank fuck thats only for the UK. The money are splashing out is huge BT. I think Sky loosing out on this will make sure they will keep there remaining content. Be it cricket and Rugby Union , Golf , F1 and the other sports. Also it will also give sky more spending power by missing out for other sports. More of Boxing for me I hope as they have some brilliant boxers who could go a long way. Sky are already showing more fights from the US expect to see more. As long as Sky keeps the bulk of the premier league games then they will be fine and will dust themselfs off and battle again. I was always under the impression football and certain sport events were always protected on free to air tv. Be it World Cups and European Championships and England internationals for some reason I thought the Champions league final was also protected. I think I also seen a report that BT were looking into getting the World Cup rights too. That has always been free to air I wonder what reaction that got if they did get those rights.

Awww.

You almost had me feeling sorry for Sty there.

I think it's hilarious that Dear Mr Murdoch is being beaten at his own game. The Aussie Yank has had things his own way for far too long and I welcome any competition to his evil empire.

Vienna_70 said:
leighton said:

Awww.

You almost had me feeling sorry for Sty there.

I think it's hilarious that Dear Mr Murdoch is being beaten at his own game. The Aussie Yank has had things his own way for far too long and I welcome any competition to his evil empire.

Im not sure what BT did during and after privatisation but there name was dirt in my dads house and he has never used them since. Will even pay more on calls as he thinks they are cunts. Never asked why but I am aware he isnt the only one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.