Invasion of Germany

bayern blade said:
manchester blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I'll have a piece of the Hofbrauhaus on the day of the game. Augustiner Keller Monday night then Hofbrauhaus pre game tuesday seems like a plan

This. No colours allowed though...

The Hofbräuhaus won't even let you in in Bayern colours let alone fans of the away team.

Does this mean that you all have to become the men in black?

Dickov's muddy knees said:
Is Munich different to other parts of Germany in a sense that theres never any ticket inspectors on the metro and you can walk the street drinking a large bottle of fantastically tasting beer?

There are but not when a match is on, the trains are too packed. Sometimes they close off a station too so they can check your ticket as you try and leave.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:22 pm --<br /><br />
Eccles Blue said:
bayern blade said:
manchester blue said:

The Hofbräuhaus won't even let you in in Bayern colours let alone fans of the away team.

Suits me I'm a Stranglers fan !

Eccles Blue said:
bayern blade said:
manchester blue said:

Suits me I'm a Stranglers fan ![/quote]

Well don't you be strangling any of our fans, if some are to be believed we haven't got that many left, we can't fill our stadium!! ;-)

There's 4 of us, all coming from different airports arriving in Munich around 2pm on the Tuesday. Leaving 9am Wednesday morning ready for an enjoyable afternoon in work later that day :/ Not sure where we're staying. Anyone else on the 10:55 Lufthansa flight from Manchester on the Tuesday? Flying on my own and could do with drinking partners!

BezzMCFC said:
Any Germans on here can you tell us if the leonardo residenz hotel is near any good boozers and crimbo markets?

Cheers

Just had a look and it's in Giesing which is near 1860's old stadium and not far from Bayern's training ground and HQ at Säbener strasse. It's also near the private bar of legendary 70's and 80's Bayern supporters club Südkurve 73 on the corner of Silberhorn str/Deisenhofer str <a class="postlink" href="http://www.suedkurve73.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.suedkurve73.de</a> in which I enjoyed many an incredible piss up.
There are plenty pubs/bars in the area and if you want to go into the centre you just get the U-Bahn at Silberhorn strasse to Marienplatz (3 stops).

(F##king hell I just clicked on "Galerien" on that website and the photos bring back some memories !).

bayern blade said:
BezzMCFC said:
Any Germans on here can you tell us if the leonardo residenz hotel is near any good boozers and crimbo markets?

Cheers

Just had a look and it's in Giesing which is near 1860's old stadium and not far from Bayern's training ground and HQ at Säbener strasse. It's also near the private bar of legendary 70's and 80's Bayern supporters club Südkurve 73 on the corner of Silberhorn str/Deisenhofer str <a class="postlink" href="http://www.suedkurve73.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.suedkurve73.de</a> in which I enjoyed many an incredible piss up.
There are plenty pubs/bars in the area and if you want to go into the centre you just get the U-Bahn at Silberhorn strasse to Marienplatz (3 stops).

(F##king hell I just clicked on "Galerien" on that website and the photos bring back some memories !).

yes i had a look on google earth i noticed a stadium around the corner, think ill go and have a look at that n try n get inside.

BezzMCFC said:
yes i had a look on google earth i noticed a stadium around the corner, think ill go and have a look at that n try n get inside.

Grünwalderstadion, Bayern used to play there too in pre-Olympiastadion days. Our reserves still play there as far as I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.