Fans leaving early.

What I do notice - and I normally give them an inordinate amount of shit for being shit - is that our vocal sections have by far the highest amount of fans who stay to the end compared to any other area of the ground.

Santiago Street . said:
bluerthanblue said:
Santiago Street . said:
I'd be interested in the ages of early leavers compared to stay til the enders

I'm guessing the average age of early leavers will be much older

That said i'm 44 now but I've always left early
why ?

Beat the rush mate
how do you know there is a rush ?

johnnytapia said:
oakiecokie said:
johnnytapia said:
"Wanting to get home earlier" - why not leave at half time and then take full adavantage of a further 45 mins looking at your dining room table? Or, and this is something the early leavers may not have considered...don't go - instead spend the full 90 minute match-experience in a much-vaunted alternative of re-varnishing your shed/putting a new duvet on the bed/watch the bonus edition of Ant and Dec - "available to non-match goers only"/calibrating the mileage on your 5 door saloon - it'll need doing 'cos all that waiting at the Etihad will now no longer affect your much loved petrol consumption.

Early leavers - coming to a B&Q near you.

Or just maybe as a driver I want to get home to my local ... for a few pints of Guinness,seeing I can`t drink and drive.

Watch the best City team I've ever seen or get down to my local for a whole extra hour. Choices, choices.

Pity they didn`t turn up on Saturday afternoon then.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Well why not save yourself a couple of hours or more and not bother turning up at all? I'm sure some of you would be much happier watching a crap team under the likes of Stuart Pearce and being able to say "Come on, let's go. I've seen enough of this shit."

The atmosphere in the stadium, even last Tuesday against Barca when it should have been rocking, is utterly shite because that "who gives a fuck" attitude typifies so many City fans these days.
I don't think this is fair at all, Prestwich Blue.

You've just (rather cunningly) attacked someone for their choice to leave early in order to get others on your side in this argument, when the discussion should be between the two of you. I understand that I have now joined in with this conversation, and that he wasn't exactly polite to you either - but he's the subject of what I believe to be unfair blame.

Why is it your concern whether he leaves early or not? You can argue that you want the club to look good on television, or that you want the players to be happy, but you didn't pay money for the ticket and you therefore have little right to question what he does with it. You're behaving like a backseat driver: you didn't pay for his car, but you're telling him which gear he should be in.

On a side point, the atmosphere was fantastic before the Barcelona game and right up to kick off. But Barcelona set about their usual style of slow, patient, almost over-the-top build up and the nerves set in. The difference between the Barcelona game and, say, the Hamburg game was that we had nothing to lose. With the Champions' League being the huge revenue source that it is, and with the first leg being at home, there was a little more pressure on the players to perform.

guy next to me always leaves,,at 85 mins ,he is miserable as sin ,and cant wait to get going,why f*****ng bother.
not a pop at people who have genuine reasons to leave ,trains ,and what not.

oakiecokie said:
chris85mcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
Well the stupidity of having to ask a question is beyond belief.Arrogant supporters,because they leave earlier than those "MASSIVE" fans like you who stay till the end ?? Fuck me do you want a badge you glory hunting bigger than thee fan.We shouldn`t have to give you any reasons as to why we wish to leave the ground early,unless you`ve paid for my fucking ticket and I aint reimbursed you.
I commit myself to a ST as I go to all home games (except when my disability wont allow me) ,including Cup games and have done for near on five decades.Is that OK with you sunshine ??

Sorry mate, think your heads gone. The guy I replied to said that he would get off at 1-0 if the game 'wasn't exciting'. That is the most ridiculous reason for leaving a game ive ever heard, and to me it sounds a bit arrogant. Fair enough if your bored of watching your team then go but I just can't understand why anyone would do that.

Not really sure where the glory hunting part comes into it, but yes if you can post me a badge out ill wear it on Sunday just for you :)

My heads gone ?? !! Think you`ll find I was answering your question as to why people would leave early,unless disabled and not for anything normal,like wanting to get home earlier,not wanting to be stuck in traffic.Those are legitimate reasons in my eyes,but unfortunately not yours it appears.
Strap the fookers into their seats until Chris says its time to go. ;)

I genuinely hope my life never gets to the point where beating traffic is the highlight of my experience of watching city.

Anyway it's just my opinion. I'll take a few pictures of Vinny lifting the trophy for you on Sunday and post it out to you, could you put a self addressed envelope in with my medal when you send it out to me :)

Maybe I could do you a certificate in return....Traffic beating champion 2014

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.