Buzzer,what a gent!

crazyg said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Never forgiven him for scoring for Swindon in 1965 at Maine Road. I was in the "crowd" that day with 8014 other hardy souls......
Didn't see you that day - were you younger then?

Anyway , over 60,000 others have sworn that they were there as well (just like York away!)

Used to see Mike a lot in the Spread Eagle when he lived across the road. Can only echo that he's a great guy AND a true blue.
He was a twat after a derby one day in the Spread Eagle, he offered my mate outside ( my mate a blue ) for disagreeing with him about Brightwells performance . His wife was fit tho

Met Mike at a player of the month lunch at the Stadium. My son Gareth & I had been invited after attending a fund raising do in aid of Carl the lad who got severe head injuries at Shalke after falling down steps at the train station. Gareth was a nurse & tended to him until the Medics arrived. Anyway Mike came over to ask about the incident & have a photo taken. The Saturday after Gareth answered the phone at home & it was Mike who asked if he could mention the incident in the next match program. Needless to say Gaz was made up. Since then unfortunately Gareth was taken from us after being hit by a drunken driver in Thailand where he had gone to live. We contacted Mike to let him know what had happened & he came to scatter the ashes at the memorial garden with us. He & his P?A. Kate also arranged for us to go pitch side at the next home game against Sunderland (5-0) & gave us seats in the CB stand for me, my wife & daughter & Gareth's fiancée from Thailand. That is the measure of the man. I cannot praise him highly enough & I hear that sometimes when you meet your heroes in the flesh & they disappoint but the opposite is true where Buzzer is concerned - a gentleman.

Our Kid has met Buzzer several times, including going for a drink with him and Gary Cook. I've shook his hand in the past but in December I was fortunate enough to be a guest in the Directors Lounge for City's visit to Craven Cottage and spoke briefly to Michael (not Mike, as the young waitress serving tea told someone else) before the game, at HT and after the game. It is a real pleasure to report that one of your boyhood heroes is a real gent who seems to have the knack of making you feel like a long lost friend.

I've just nipped into the shop and bought a few bottles. Tonnes to choose from.

Im going to have a look at that next week sometime , sounds good.

All the best with the new venture !

comeonfeedthegoat said:
Skashion said:
Does he stock anything from Porterhouse?

Love porterhouse ales.. getting into london early tomorrow so will be going over to the porterhouse pub in Covent Garden for a few

If you haven't been yet, could you do me a favour and try the free app to order drinks, my mrs had a meeting with the sales director of the app and would appreciate your view, even if its " too much like hard work".

thanks in advance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.