Gillingham v Manchester City 1999

Looking forward to the read Dave.

What a day, I wont forget it I broke my ribs

willipp said:
mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:
I remember thinking.''Oh shit you useless fucking wankers you have let us down again!!!!'' Accompanied by a horrible sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

yeah..and then turned to watch the early leavers ha

I have to admit i left early. I never normally did and never have since, but that day i was just so diistraught at the thought of another season in division 2 i left. I got to the concourse when we made it 2-1 and i just thought fuck em, we don't score 2 in injury time cause were just typical City. I got outside the ground and it went mental, there were thousands outside the ground. Ended up on the opposite side of the ground for extra time. Incredible day ill never forget and taught me a valuable lesson.

I did the same for the same reasons, but we wouldn't have scored if I had stayed!!

Blue Streak said:
A must read. Where do I order my copy please?

Hi mate - it's available on pre-order from my site (with a discount from the RRP) - <a class="postlink" href="http://davemooney.co.uk/books/looks-like-scunny-next-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://davemooney.co.uk/books/looks-lik ... xt-season/</a>

Cheers!

A must read for me as I've actually never seen the game. I've seen the goals of course, especially Dickovs, and Nicky Weavers celebrations hundreds of times but never the full match. 1999, I was working every Saturday and there wasn't even the strange mixture of kick off times that we have now so, apart from the odd evening kick off if I was able to get a ticket, I didn't get to many games. I can of course remember exactly where I was when I heard the news, I couldn't bring myself to watch it on TV and was on the 16th at Reddish Vale when a guy on the 15th started going crazy, jumping up and down and cheering.
As many have said, if not for that, then it's entirely likely that worrying about beating Everton on Saturday, wouldn't be an issue. Joe Royle deserves far more credit than he receives for his contribution to City, definitely no one better at getting a team promoted than Big Joe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.