Luis Suarez

JoeMercer'sWay said:
NQCitizen said:
Davs 19 said:
A flat track bully for me and many others. Regularly fails to shine against better class opponents.
Surprised how rarely that is mentioned. How many of his 30 came against bottom 5 opponents?

16 of his 31 league goals came against teams in the bottom 5.
That is ludicrous. He scores 5 in games where another striker would score 1 (that are always wins) and that leads people to claim he's second to Messi. I genuinely don't remember Suarez scoring a hugely important goal.

MSP said:
Davs 19 said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Shame he's a first class prick, not seen a striker as good as him in the Premiership for quite a few years, except Aguero when fit and in form.

A flat track bully for me and many others. Regularly fails to shine against better class opponents.

Failed to score a goal against top 6 last season I think.
Sometimes it's that we need a good kick up the arse against the smaller teams and do reasonably well against the top teams. You can see us coasting or putting in the minimum effort, thinking we can rescue it in the last 20 minutes. But I'm glad we'll almost certainly never find out, don't want him in a City shirt.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
NQCitizen said:
Davs 19 said:
Surprised how rarely that is mentioned. How many of his 30 came against bottom 5 opponents?

16 of his 31 league goals came against teams in the bottom 5.
He scored 2 each against Everton, Spurs & Stoke and 1 each against Southampton and the rags. That's 8 out of 31 against clubs that finished in the top half. 12 came against the three relegated clubs, leaving 11 against the other bottom half teams.

Well hopefully Fifa will give him a worldwide ban of at least 20 matches, Candlepool will be unable to sell him and will still have to pay his wages. That'll cripple any transfer plans they had and leave them a striker short for a chunk of the season.

I see Carragher has been insisting his bans should only be for Uruguay matches because he wasn't wearing a liverpool sheeeeeeeeert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.