Sky Sports So Far Up Mourinho's and Chelsea's Ar*se

BigOscar said:
Burnley have a squad that I wouldn't even expect to do well in the Championship, so I'd be amazed if they even threaten to stay up. Everyone is getting giddy, just as they did last year when Chelsea outplayed some other chumps on the first day (Hull iirc), where Kevin De Bruyne was the star of the show and "destined" to be a star of Chelseas new attacking football. A few months later, Mourinho sold De Bruyne and said the team "wasn't good enough" to play good football.

It only takes one bad performance for Mourinho to revert to type and start parking the bus again, it's just a matter of time.

Or a long term injury to Costa, assuming they don't buy any more strikers.

BigOscar said:
Burnley have a squad that I wouldn't even expect to do well in the Championship, so I'd be amazed if they even threaten to stay up. Everyone is getting giddy, just as they did last year when Chelsea outplayed some other chumps on the first day (Hull iirc), where Kevin De Bruyne was the star of the show and "destined" to be a star of Chelseas new attacking football. A few months later, Mourinho sold De Bruyne and said the team "wasn't good enough" to play good football.

It only takes one bad performance for Mourinho to revert to type and start parking the bus again, it's just a matter of time.

Well they did do well, they got promoted.

wayne71 said:
BigOscar said:

Well they did do well, they got promoted.
They did, but no one expected them to. Pretty sure they were tipped for relegation. I imagine this year they'll discover that "pluck" and team spirit doesn't take you very far in the premier league. To me they look to have the worst squad since Derby.

They know we're going to win the prem so it's just a build up to knock the Chelsea when it all goes scouse up?

I had this discussion with a friend that follows Chelsea. If everybody is up and healthy, it is pretty much a toss up. Both sides are strong at every position. Depth is the difference. If John Terry goes down, Chelsea is screwed. They don't have anybody to step in. Whereas we know from the previous seasons that we have the ability to replace Kompany if he is out. If Costa is out, who do they have that can score? If he is healthy, Drogba can bring it in spots, but if he had to carry the water for a month playing league, cup, and CL matches it wouldn't likely end well. And we all know what Torres brings to the pitch. Whereas if we lose our best striker, we have proven depth.

A full season for the top 4 is a major grind. It is so much harder to keep everybody fresh when you have so many more matches to play. City played what? 57 times last year in all competitions? If Chelsea competes well in all and plays about the same number this year, I predict they will have several periods where important players are out. Maybe they get lucky and it occurs during a stretch of easy matches and they aren't harmed by it.

When you were demolishing all-comers last season, the press were fawning over you too. The other contenders failed to impress on the opening day, we looked impressive, it's no surprise. No other team gave them anything to write about except United's home defeat.

Pokes28 said:
I had this discussion with a friend that follows Chelsea. If everybody is up and healthy, it is pretty much a toss up. Both sides are strong at every position. Depth is the difference. If John Terry goes down, Chelsea is screwed. They don't have anybody to step in. Whereas we know from the previous seasons that we have the ability to replace Kompany if he is out. If Costa is out, who do they have that can score? If he is healthy, Drogba can bring it in spots, but if he had to carry the water for a month playing league, cup, and CL matches it wouldn't likely end well. And we all know what Torres brings to the pitch. Whereas if we lose our best striker, we have proven depth.

A full season for the top 4 is a major grind. It is so much harder to keep everybody fresh when you have so many more matches to play. City played what? 57 times last year in all competitions? If Chelsea competes well in all and plays about the same number this year, I predict they will have several periods where important players are out. Maybe they get lucky and it occurs during a stretch of easy matches and they aren't harmed by it.
We have Ivanovich and Zouma. The latter is more of an unproven prospect, but Ivan is as solid as it gets. I'm not concerned about our defence, but our depth in strikers is still an issue. Unfortunately we can't remedy it until Torres is gone. Two more years left on his damn contract.

Some of the post match coverage has been a bit over the top:

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither to Turf Moor, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. For we are called to the destruction of Burnleylona, the most sound defensive unit in all of world football, and the measuring rod of the Lord thy God.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And his name was Jose Mourinho.
And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald in a well-tailored suit.
And round about the throne were five and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw five and twenty Chelsea players sitting, clothed in blue and white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. And a match was played under floodlights at eventide.
And before the throne there was a sea of grass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the pitch the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. And these were Costa, Cesc, Schurrle, and Matic.
And the first Diego Costa beast was like unto the offspring of a lion who hath lain with a caveman, and the second Cesc beast like a Catalan calf with a toe of gold, and the third Schurrle beast had a face as the skeleton of a man, and the fourth Matic beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within and did pass the ball and control the match thereof: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD Mourinho Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. And Cesc’s pass did split the firmament, and Schurrle’s goal did bulge the net as the prophet had prophesied, and there was much rejoicing.
And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, and speaketh only in horse metaphors and false humility.
The four and twenty elders, and all the journalists assigned to cover them thither, fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Thou art worthy, O Jose, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. And Jose did chastise the referee for the penalty that was not given to the people of the lord, but did rejoice that the three goals scored, like unto a trinity, did spread the glory of Chelsea, even unto the far ends of the earth.

green pennies said:
Some of the post match coverage has been a bit over the top:

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither to Turf Moor, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. For we are called to the destruction of Burnleylona, the most sound defensive unit in all of world football, and the measuring rod of the Lord thy God.
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And his name was Jose Mourinho.
And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald in a well-tailored suit.
And round about the throne were five and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw five and twenty Chelsea players sitting, clothed in blue and white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. And a match was played under floodlights at eventide.
And before the throne there was a sea of grass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the pitch the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. And these were Costa, Cesc, Schurrle, and Matic.
And the first Diego Costa beast was like unto the offspring of a lion who hath lain with a caveman, and the second Cesc beast like a Catalan calf with a toe of gold, and the third Schurrle beast had a face as the skeleton of a man, and the fourth Matic beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within and did pass the ball and control the match thereof: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD Mourinho Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. And Cesc’s pass did split the firmament, and Schurrle’s goal did bulge the net as the prophet had prophesied, and there was much rejoicing.
And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, and speaketh only in horse metaphors and false humility.
The four and twenty elders, and all the journalists assigned to cover them thither, fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Thou art worthy, O Jose, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. And Jose did chastise the referee for the penalty that was not given to the people of the lord, but did rejoice that the three goals scored, like unto a trinity, did spread the glory of Chelsea, even unto the far ends of the earth.

Did a member of RAWK write that?

Fucking Hell!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.