Daft things that you think have caused City to lose

Re: Daft things that you think have caused City to lose

We decided to try the Townley before the Stoke game...

I am responsible for City's decline in the 80s. At one time I always stopped at a newsagents on Wilbraham Rd on my way to the game and bought a packet of five small cigars which I dutifully smoked and had to finish before the final whistle.
One fateful day I got into the ground and realised that I'd forgotten to call in at the shop and was therefore cigarless. It was the match v Luton, 1983 (think Raddy Antic and Pleat's stupid dance) when City went out of the top tier after 17 years. I still have guilt issues.

Oh, and what caused us to lose to Stoke was all you daft buggers who said "3-0 to City - we beat Liverpool, Stoke are no problem". Yhat was your fault.

PLEASE no more daft predictions of easy wins. Call it hubris, Karma, whatever. It's the kiss of death.

Despite having no religious beliefs at all, as a teenager I refrained from knocking one out in the week before a derby - just in case Jesus was real and disapproved.

I managed to restrain myself and, lo and behold, we drew 0-0 at Maine Road (the year after the 3-3 that followed the 5-1).

Presumably one of the rest of you didn't have my self control and that's why Adrian Heath missed a sitter.

When I was at Wembley in 99. I wore a scream outfit with the yellow city shirt over the top throughout the match.
We were losing 2 nil as everyone knows. I had a right paddy and took the mask off and threw it on the floor. Almost immediately Horlock scored. After celebrating the goal it dawned on me that it must of been the scream outfit that was having a negative effect on city. So i took the city shirt off and took the rest of the outfit off and put the city top back on. Then dickov scored!
I still reckon that if I hadn't took the outfit off we wouldn't of won. So in conclusion I've done more for city that Mansour ;-)

I hum a piece in my head from the Star Wars soundtrack before big games (the one where Luke arrives and finds his Aunt Pearl burnt to a crisp and him gazing reflectively at the sunset, knowing he must now leave and become a Jedi).

Some fecker posted a link on here of Nasri and Aguero watching Beyonce perform Halo, last season, and I couldn't get the soundtrack out of my head before the Liverpool game last season.

Hence to say, when I started to use The Force once more, I knew City would still triumph over the Dark Side.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I hum a piece in my head from the Star Wars soundtrack before big games (the one where Luke arrives and finds his Aunt Pearl burnt to a crisp and him gazing reflectively at the sunset, knowing he must now leave and become a Jedi).

Some fecker posted a link on here of Nasri and Aguero watching Beyonce perform Halo, last season, and I couldn't get the soundtrack out of my head before the Liverpool game last season.

Hence to say, when I started to use The Force once more, I knew City would still triumph over the Dark Side.

It's Aunt Beru. FYI

Single Magpies. If i see one on the way to the game, i become doom laden.

Also, for the last two seasons i NEVER watch a corner being taken by the opposition. Clearly, as a result of this, we havent conceded directly from a corner in that time (cue some statto to pop up and prove me wrong...)

I tried the caf on Ashton New Road prior to the defeat by the Rags in the Cup.
Great breakfast but have never used it again - I thought about it pre Stoke (thinking it a safe win), so now I'll never even think about using it again.

quiet_riot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's Aunt Beru. FYI

At least everyone now knows I have an aunt Pearl, doh!

Since I started bringing my son with me 5 years ago he has only seen us lose twice in 30 is games (doesn't know he's born I know). The first was Wigan last year when we brought friends with us, the second was last week when we brought Mrs Parrot. So now it's no guests allowed just me and the boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.