Joe's two touch thing

It was good to see the so called experts confirm the fact that they are actually completely and utterly clueless!

Wasn't there a League Cup Final (Boro v Bolton?) when somebody taking a penalty, slipped on his arse and kicked the ball twice?

It only became apparent after about ten replays, but by then it was too late.

For that, we should be grateful that somebody spotted it.

Credit to Mike Dean I completely missed it and couldn't believe we'd seemingly gifted them a goal. At least MDM saw to that later on in the game...

These incidents are rare but to my knowledge its at least the fourth involving City that I have known.

Way back in the Seventies Scotland played Northern Ireland in a Home International. The Scottish keeper took a short dead ball kick to our very own Willie Donachie and with an Irish forward up his arse Willie moved well into the box and played it back to his keeper who missed it and the ball rolled into the net for an own goal. The Ref gave the goal when it should have been the dead ball kick retaken.

The other was a game against the Villa and we had a penalty. Peter Reid took the spot kick, slammed it against the post and then banged home the rebound. Everybody on the pitch and in the Stadium knew it was no goal as you can't touch the Ball twice from a free kick. It didn't stop our ridiculous monkey faced player manager making a complete twat of himself though by stamping his feet and berating the Ref.

Lastly; those show off bastards Thierry Henry and Robert Pires who made themselves look ridiculous with that freaky penalty in that game against the Arsenal. Fair play to the much maligned Danny Mills who wanted to start a fight with the cocky sods.

Nothing to do with any of the replies. He kicked it twice. Ok it was a split second thing but you can't lay the ball off to yourself when the free kick is on the edge of the area can you?

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Wasn't there a League Cup Final (Boro v Bolton?) when somebody taking a penalty, slipped on his arse and kicked the ball twice?

It only became apparent after about ten replays, but by then it was too late.

For that, we should be grateful that somebody spotted it.
Was Zenden I believe.

We're not really here said:
I'm staggered at how many people, especially the so called experts, don't know the rules.
Or laws even in football you can't kick a free kick twice simple as re take required.

GXCity said:
Nothing to do with any of the replies. He kicked it twice. Ok it was a split second thing but you can't lay the ball off to yourself when the free kick is on the edge of the area can you?
If this incident had occured outside the box it would have been an indirect free kick to QPR.
But because it was in the 18 yard area and never left the box it is a retake.
Ref made the right decision in favour of us for a change.

yatesy94 said:
Credit to Mike Dean I completely missed it and couldn't believe we'd seemingly gifted them a goal. At least MDM saw to that later on in the game...

That was hardly MD's fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.