Coldest/worst weather at a City match

DD said:
Everton at home in December 2010 when we lost 2-1 on a Monday night. The temperature at the end of the game was officially -12 degrees C. I've never experienced a feeling like it or since, anywhere!

Good shout, Phoned the wife to run me a bath to thaw me out, frozen solid.

The Everton 2010 game must've officially been the coldest match I attended but I recall the Salzburg game the same season as feeling the cold more. Either way, I was well wrapped up at both and because I was near the back of the first tier I wasn't as open to the elements as other fans. As such, the coldest I've ever felt was stood on the open end at Stamford Bridge for a 0-0 bore draw on a Monday night in November 1993. I think it was about -3 or -4 that night but it felt a damn sight colder and I think it was the smallest away following I've ever witnessed. There weren't many Chelsea fans there either as the attendance was just over 10,000 and it was that shit and cold that I don't recall a single chant from our end behind the goal during the whole match, or any from the Shed for that matter, though there were a few "Swales Out" chants from the 50 or so blues who were in the seats high up in the third tier.

Everton game in 2010 is definitely the coldest for me - never been so cold - we were well & truly beaten. Hate to say it but didn't care just wanted to go home....... Been going to games since 1976 so an experienced shiverer!!!!

Newcastle away New Years Day 1993 stood on the open terrace at the Leazes End. Carl Shutt was our striker that day marked by the equally slow Brian 'Killer' Kilcline. It was like watching a game in slow motion.

Highlight of the match was the conga which spread around the away end. Lost 2-0 to two Andy Cole goals

The abandoned sunderland game last season was the worst i've been to, the wind was horrific... the moment the wooden hordings opposite gate B broke was the moment I knew it wouldn't go ahead

Carlisle United away in the old Division 2 in February 1966

Absolutely freezing that day and the City fans lit a fire in the stand to keep warm LOL

Won 2 - 1

Went with Lingley's coaches, happy days

Walsall v Manchester City, 04 January 1986.

Not the coldest, but it snowed like fook in an open end. Could hardly see the other end of the pitch. Left the match looking like snowmen.

lancs blue said:
i kne albert davy said:
Notinmylifetime said:
You're both wrong. It was called off because of fog. I was on one of the coaches which turned round at the Cat and Fiddle pub. Then again, it was a long time ago so my memory might not be 100%.
If we're talking about the 1978 game in the cup it was called off water logged pitch we got to ground about half twelve only to have forest fans taking the piss, still we enjoyed a couple of pints in the trip to Jerusalem.Sure we lost rearranged game 2-1

Yes it was a waterlogged pitch, we were sat on the special at Piccadilly waiting for the result of the pitch inspection. For those mentioning snow It was probably snowing in the Peak District on the way to Nottingham but raining in Nottingham itself.
We were outside the ground and believe me it was pouring with rain, the joys of football before it was invented,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.