Best of Luck Tonight Mods.....

stony said:
bluegirl74 said:
stony said:
That's his profile pic from tinder.

he's better looking than that. Tall dark and handsome iirc. :-)

First Andy, and now Malg. You're almost as shameless as boots. ;-)

why thank you stony ;-)
You know that I am utterly smitten with Andy and that my comments on Ducado are only said in passing, without any real intent :-)

dronefromsector7g said:
Ducado said:
malg said:
I'm sure they'll handle it.....

[bigimg]https://i.imgur.com/Oy6mA.jpg[/bigimg]

You should meet a few of us if that's what you think we are, you may get a surprise, you will find most of us in City Square before most home games
You have literally no sense of humour Ducky.

Don't drag me into this please!

I resorted to Buddhism to help cope with evenings like this but it never really worked.

I still wanted to twat a rag and although I pored over the ancient scrolls I never found spiritual authorisation to do so.

So I stopped being a Buddhist.

blueincy said:
We are currently experiencing a spike in traffic. Access is temporarily restricted to register users.

Fucking joke!!

It's a "fucking joke" that we restricted access to non-members so that registered members, such as yourself, can continue to use the site without interruption?

Do....do we want me to crash the site?

I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. If you've happened to become an expert in balancing our incredibly specific infrastructure needs in the last 20 minutes then I'm definitely open to your suggestions

Damocles said:
blueincy said:
We are currently experiencing a spike in traffic. Access is temporarily restricted to register users.

Fucking joke!!

It's a "fucking joke" that we restricted access to non-members so that registered members, such as yourself, can continue to use the site without interruption?

I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

Deleting the gif thread might free up a bit of bandwidth.

Damocles said:
blueincy said:

Fucking joke!!

I don't know what I'm supposed to do here.

You're in a sort of sword of Damocles situation here aren't you?

Just a point that we've probably spent 80 hours this week attempting to make a change to our server infrastructure that unfortunately I couldn't get rolled out in time for today because our forum software is the pre-takeover Man City of the forum software world. Which is something that I'm twenty times more pissed off with than the actual result today.

We have jobs and families. 80 hours on an unpaid community project is a lot.

So having to take certain steps to ensure that our proper members get access and can continue to post without it falling over is something that is preferable to some ridiculous idea of keeping guest access available and the forum not being available to those who use it most.

Yes, I'm quite sensitive about performance and my failure today with it. We will hopefully be better placed for the West Ham game.

Damocles said:
blueincy said:

Fucking joke!!

I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. If you've happened to become an expert in balancing our incredibly specific infrastructure needs in the last 20 minutes then I'm definitely open to your suggestions

I took it as it was a joke that all these maggots have come crawling out from under the rotting carcass now that the vast spending and holding back of the champions has started to pay off.

Damocles said:
blueincy said:

Fucking joke!!

You tell hm Gandalf........ I mean Damo :)

Damocles said:
Just a point that we've probably spent 80 hours this week attempting to make a change to our server infrastructure that unfortunately I couldn't get rolled out in time for today because our forum software is the pre-takeover Man City of the forum software world. Which is something that I'm twenty times more pissed off with than the actual result today.

We have jobs and families. 80 hours on an unpaid community project is a lot.

So having to take certain steps to ensure that our proper members get access and can continue to post without it falling over is something that is preferable to some ridiculous idea of keeping guest access available and the forum not being available to those who use it most.

Yes, I'm quite sensitive about performance and my failure today with it. We will hopefully be better placed for the West Ham game.

Not trying to cause trouble here although I may end up doing that but why are you and the mods spending that much time without re-imbursement working on the IT of a site that presumably generates a lot of revenue through advertising?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.