Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are players and their agents so thick?

Why didnt just keep quiet for another week or two? Season over, awards ceremonies out of the way?

I suspect the opprobrium currently being directed at Sterling is more to do with the club most closely linked with signing him. Should the Arse or rags (German or English) succeed in signing him, I have no doubt the media narrative will do a swift u-turn.

Liverpool ledgends slam raheem sterling..

Sterling has already rejected a new deal with the club worth £100,000-a-week and wants out of Anfield.

Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea are all weighing up bids for the England winger.

But his stance has provoked a storm of criticism from some of the biggest names ever to play for Liverpool.

Former Reds winger John Barnes said: "Does anyone believe that if he goes to Manchester City he will be the first name on the team sheet?

"He will not become a regular for them. We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.

"Raheem has not achieved anything, he has not won anything.

"Raheem has great potential but Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay for a couple of years.

Raheem SterlingWANTED: Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are all monitoring Raheem Sterling's availability [GETTY]
“The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player”
John Barnes
"The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player."

Sky Sports pundit Phil Thompson, a former player and coach at Anfield, went even further.

Thompson said: "Raheem Sterling is not the superstar that he perceives himself to be.

"I don't even think he is actually worth the money he is asking for. For him to be asking for £150,000 is basically greed."

Thompson also believes Sterling has already agreed to join one of Liverpool's Premier League rivals.

He said: "You know what is going on. In the background, I would probably think a deal has been done with someone."

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher also blew his top at Sterling live on Sky Sports during Monday Night Football.

He said: "I'd be embarrassed to walk into training tomorrow and show my face to everyone; even the lady on the reception.

"Raheem Sterling is a great kid. He needs to change his agent. That's the one thing he needs to change.

"For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club, there's nothing worse."

kippax4ever said:

Sterling has already rejected a new deal with the club worth £100,000-a-week and wants out of Anfield.

Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea are all weighing up bids for the England winger.

But his stance has provoked a storm of criticism from some of the biggest names ever to play for Liverpool.

Former Reds winger John Barnes said: "Does anyone believe that if he goes to Manchester City he will be the first name on the team sheet?

"He will not become a regular for them. We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.

"Raheem has great potential but Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay for a couple of years.

Raheem SterlingWANTED: Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea are all monitoring Raheem Sterling's availability [GETTY]
“The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player”
John Barnes
"The time is not right for him to move, but if he wants to move the club should sell him. The manager cannot keep an unhappy player."

Sky Sports pundit Phil Thompson, a former player and coach at Anfield, went even further.

Thompson said: "Raheem Sterling is not the superstar that he perceives himself to be.

"I don't even think he is actually worth the money he is asking for. For him to be asking for £150,000 is basically greed."

Thompson also believes Sterling has already agreed to join one of Liverpool's Premier League rivals.

He said: "You know what is going on. In the background, I would probably think a deal has been done with someone."

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher also blew his top at Sterling live on Sky Sports during Monday Night Football.

He said: "I'd be embarrassed to walk into training tomorrow and show my face to everyone; even the lady on the reception.

"Raheem Sterling is a great kid. He needs to change his agent. That's the one thing he needs to change.

"For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club, there's nothing worse."
Ye, and he wouldn't if he stayed at Liverpool, that's why he's leaving you twonk :)

cibaman said:

Why didnt just keep quiet for another week or two? Season over, awards ceremonies out of the way?

Well the answer is simple... It works! Sure it might make this time harder for Sterling but it's forcing liverpool's hand. fans booed him at their awards ceremony and it sounds like he has lost the backing of his teammates. It's kindof like what yaya is doing to us if you think about it, only we aren't a cult of c**** that blame a kid for wanting to leave.

Elbow beards said:
kippax4ever said:

John Barnes

Ye, and he wouldn't if he stayed at Liverpool, that's why he's leaving you twonk :)

It's hilarious reading all of that! There's the bit you highlighted and "I don't think he's worth the money he's asking for" - but you can guarantee that the person who said this thinks he's work £50m. Talk about really sore losers!

Ballertelli said:
cibaman said:

Well the answer is simple... It works! Sure it might make this time harder for Sterling but it's forcing liverpool's hand. fans booed him at their awards ceremony and it sounds like he has lost the backing of his teammates. It's kindof like what yaya is doing to us if you think about it, only we aren't a cult of c**** that blame a kid for wanting to leave.

Sterling said in an interview with BBC Sport last month that his contract impasse was nothing to do with money, rather about his desire to win trophies, after it emerged that he had been made what Rodgers described as "an incredible offer", believed to be B£100,000-a-week.

But that held little sway with Carragher.

He said: "Liverpool had a chance of trophy this year, in the (FA Cup) semi-final against Aston Villa – where was Raheem Sterling?

"What did Liverpool do in the Champions League this year? Nothing. What did Raheem Sterling do? Nothing.

"The semi-final was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Liverpool team in a big game – not just him, the whole team were found wanting, but if he wants to win trophies he's got to deliver in big games, and he hasn't done that yet.

Fking carragher bullying the lad or what

The best thing he could do is sign a deal for less than what they offered to prove a point.

If wayne rooney can take on utd you big nosed scouse fool then your damn right a good young player can have his own mind at Liverpool also.

You had a lot of success yes but that was beyond the term "years ago" now. We are talking close to 30 years since you were a real force, 30 years.
You are a football club on the same level as most others, you are not Bayern, Barca or Madrid. The same events that can affect other clubs can and will affect you also.
The players you want now won't have been around when you were in your pomp. Players want trophies and good wages, your history is irrelevant as is any idea you have of being special somehow compared to others. Indeed you have shown yourselves to be worse than most in the last 5 or so years.

So welcome to modern football ladies and gents, hopefully you catch up with the rest of the football world one day.
Until then it seems we will have to watch you act like big babies on national tv along with your reporter chums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.