Kelechi Iheanacho

squirtyflower said:
andersmcfcdk said:
I'm no cynic said:
Knowing Pellegrini, he'd probably loan Kelechi to Stoke, or to another club where the manager would poison the boy's mind against us.
Pellegrini can fuck off, he doesn't give a shit about youth, come on in the 2 years he's been here, only Lopes and Pozo have featured, and we all know why Pozo featured. I would personally trade succes in next season for youth in the 1st team, I really hope Lopes and Iheanacho will be integrated to the 1st team, they are both good enough.
That's alright for you from over there
But those of us who go week in week out would like to see us win trophies, cheers
I would love to go week in week out, but it's a bit difficult when I'm living in Denmark. But I would really like to see some youth for a chance, it's starting to bother me.

squirtyflower said:
andersmcfcdk said:
I'm no cynic said:
Knowing Pellegrini, he'd probably loan Kelechi to Stoke, or to another club where the manager would poison the boy's mind against us.
Pellegrini can fuck off, he doesn't give a shit about youth, come on in the 2 years he's been here, only Lopes and Pozo have featured, and we all know why Pozo featured. I would personally trade succes in next season for youth in the 1st team, I really hope Lopes and Iheanacho will be integrated to the 1st team, they are both good enough.
But those of us who go week in week out would like to see us win trophies, cheers

The two aren't mutually exclusive ideas...

twosips said:
squirtyflower said:
andersmcfcdk said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive ideas...

Very true, I can't imagine one or two youngsters could of possibly done worse against Middlesborough or Newcastle u21s this year in the cups than our senior squad did.

Head coach of the Flying Eagles, Manu Garba, says Kelechi Iheanacho can fill the void created by the departure of Frank Lampard from Manchester City if given the chance.

Manu, in a chat with SL10.ng before the team departed for Dubai en route to New Zealand for the Under-20 World Cup, said the 18-year-old has got very similar traits to the English Premier League legend.

"To be honest I’m not surprised at his performances for Manchester City youth teams as I have said it before – he can play for any team in the world, as a matter of fact they will do well to use him as a replacement for Frank Lampard," he told SL10.ng.

"He shares similar style of play with the outgoing legend. They can both create and score goals from midfield with late runs into the 18-yard box hardly spotted by opposition defenders.”

However, the coach advised Iheanacho to keep working hard especially if he is included in the club’s pre-season activities ahead of next season. 

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/nigeria-players-abroad/manu-garba-urges-man-city-to-replace-lampard-with-iheanacho/210510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/catego ... cho/210510</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://africanfootball.com/news/534715/Iheanacho-for-Man-City-first-team-says-top-official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://africanfootball.com/news/534715/ ... p-official</a>

Glad to see him going to be part of the first team squad next season.

Chris Wheeler for The Mail has tipped him for next season:

Player to watch for next season: Kelechi Iheanacho. It’s not easy for young talent to shine at Manchester City but the Nigeria striker impressed on tour last summer and has continued to press his claims for a first-team call-up.

Just watched the lads goals against the rags and he looks very much like the real deal to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.