Marcos Lopes

Just finished watching the Qatar/Portugal match from the other night. Portugal won comfortably 3-0, with Rony playing a big role in the 2nd goal. While he does tend to disappear at times and his movement isn't exactly impeccable, it's undeniable that he's a very gifted player. His technical abilities and athleticism really made him stand out whenever he got on the ball. If I had to make a judgement on this one appearance I'd say he would profit more from a loan next season rather than the occasional cup appearance with the 1st team. His potential is plain to see so it would be a shame to see him stagnate on the bench.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the Qatar/Portugal match from the other night. Portugal won comfortably 3-0, with Rony playing a big role in the 2nd goal. While he does tend to disappear at times and his movement isn't exactly impeccable, it's undeniable that he's a very gifted player. His technical abilities and athleticism really made him stand whenever he got on the ball. If I had to make a judgement on this one appearance I'd say he would profit more from a loan next season rather than the occasional cup appearance with the 1st team. His potential is plain to see so it would be a shame to see him stagnate on the bench.

Probably just best to see how him & the other kids do when put next to the first team players pre season & take it from there. One or two will grab the chance. Iheanacho will probably be right on the case by then, & it's upto Rony to match him.

Just finished watching the Qatar/Portugal match from the other night. Portugal won comfortably 3-0, with Rony playing a big role in the 2nd goal. While he does tend to disappear at times and his movement isn't exactly impeccable, it's undeniable that he's a very gifted player. His technical abilities and athleticism really made him stand whenever he got on the ball. If I had to make a judgement on this one appearance I'd say he would profit more from a loan next season rather than the occasional cup appearance with the 1st team. His potential is plain to see so it would be a shame to see him stagnate on the bench.
I only watched the highlights of that game and it seemed that they only played with their wings. Did they?

I don't think we should judge Marcos by this u20 World Cup, especially with the likes of Qatar in opposition, but if he shines there it will only be better for him and his career obviously.

I only watched the highlights of that game and it seemed that they only played with their wings. Did they?

I don't think we should judge Marcos by this u20 World Cup, especially with the likes of Qatar in opposition, but if he shines there it will only be better for him and his career obviously.

Forgot to mention he put in a decent delivery on a few set pieces. That could be quite useful when he enters the first team, and I do think it's a matter of when rather than if.

Yes it'd be fair to say they got a lot of joy on the wings against Qatar. High crosses into their striker were very effective against the smaller Qatari defenders, esp. on their 3rd goal. That probably prevented Rony from having a larger impact on the match. I agree that games like these aren't the best indicators of a player's ability, but I don't get to see him play much so thought I'd put in my two cents.

Live over in Hamilton, new zealand so any chance I get nowadays to watch a city player live is a bonus!

Went to the game,Wednesday night between Portugal v Qatar under 20's. Waste decent game, Portugal looked a decent team, albeit against a weaker side.

Lopes played ok,but if i'm honest didnt stand out. Seems to go missing at times, and only really saw glimpses of his talent. Played big part in 2nd goal though.

Set price deliveries looked pretty handy, and caused opposition a few problems.

I'm off down south this weekend to watch iheanacho for Nigeria,and then a last 16 game, which if Portugal win there group, should be them.
I'll keep tabs on rony & kelechi.

Live over in Hamilton, new zealand so any chance I get nowadays to watch a city player live is a bonus!

Went to the game,Wednesday night between Portugal v Qatar under 20's. Waste decent game, Portugal looked a decent team, albeit against a weaker side.

Lopes played ok,but if i'm honest didnt stand out. Seems to go missing at times, and only really saw glimpses of his talent. Played big part in 2nd goal though.

Set price deliveries looked pretty handy, and caused opposition a few problems.

I'm off down south this weekend to watch iheanacho for Nigeria,and then a last 16 game, which if Portugal win there group, should be them.
I'll keep tabs on rony & kelechi.
Cheers mate. Don't forget we also have Yaw Yeboah for Ghana (№17)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.