Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with you here JRB.

I know it's new and has a wow factor because its tall/imposing and orientates the ground better to Ashton road (the only thing going for it) but I am actually completely underwhelmed by the stand as a whole.

I know the the masts are a necessary evil, but they look horrendous. Incidentally, in still not sure they have figured out the waterproofing detail where they pass through the glass/cladding either.

Worsley have you seen this detail on the plans?? or is it "to be agreed with the builder on site". ie the architect didn't have a clue when they were designing it so left it to be bodged later on. can't see why they would leave out doing it for so long when the rest of the facade has been done. which incidentally is very bland and uninspiring.

The corner sections don't work for me. it is the building equivalent of welding the back of a mini onto the front of a Ferrari. This surely could have been graded in more sympathetically with the East/west stand roof.

And now this concrete wall detail......like you say, is all about the detail. Especially at this 'level' of architecture. I agree that it would a lot better glazed and framed to match in with legends lounge, an opaque film applied it hide the staircase and the broom cupboard behind. again, am genuinely gobsmacked this has been sited here. Anyone want to put a figure on how much just one table of ten corporate would generate over a 50 year period, including concerts, Father's Day, rugby games, etc?

Overall very poor.

Couldn't disagree more. Shows it's all about opinions.

The roof supports looks miles and miles better than what most stadiums offer. The ones at the swamp for example are horrific and takeover the entire roof.

From the outside the stand also has more of a colosseum look compared to the generic glass building look of some other new stadium and will of course look even better when it is covered in player/history displays.

The concrete element in the home end.

Will that be a designated area for disabled fans and their wheelchairs? I was aware of criticism of the club, from a disabled supporters club that it wasn't being included in the new tier.

Would make sense as this cannot really be infront of glass hospitality suites due to obscuring the view.

Hopefully that's the case, most PL clubs provide far less than they are supposed to.

Got the train home tonight from Piccadilly and by the looks of it, all 3 exterior cranes are now gone! (It was only the South east crane and part of the huge one that was left but I couldn't see either of them tonight unless I was just being completely blind!)

Haha some people are never happy are they! We should of gone with this design instead......

Looks great!!

old_trafford_1396521a.jpg

I know we are biased, but this is a fucking eyesore. Looks like the scaffolding has been left up.

Got the train home tonight from Piccadilly and by the looks of it, all 3 exterior cranes are now gone! (It was only the South east crane and part of the huge one that was left but I couldn't see either of them tonight unless I was just being completely blind!)
No pal your not going blind the last crane was removed yesterday things are moving on at a pace now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.