Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see the lighting has been installed in the Legends Lounge on those bottom pictures, looking good!. Nice one IBH.

Good photo's @rowarta & @IanBishopsHaircut.

I presume that if and when the North, East & West stands are all expanded that the smaller of the cable supporting columns (the original ones) outside the ground will be removed?
That will look much better not to mention freeing up some space at ground level.

Good photo's @rowarta & @IanBishopsHaircut.

I presume that if and when the North, East & West stands are all expanded that the smaller of the cable supporting columns (the original ones) outside the ground will be removed?
That will look much better not to mention freeing up some space at ground level.

They will stay in place as long as sections of the current roof remain

Anyone else think the South Stand exterior looks a bit Wembley? Nevertheless it still looks brilliant and the 3 tiers will look amazing especially when the North Stand is also completed. May not be the biggest in England but will certainly be the best to look at.

Anyone else think the South Stand exterior looks a bit Wembley? Nevertheless it still looks brilliant and the 3 tiers will look amazing especially when the North Stand is also completed. May not be the biggest in England but will certainly be the best to look at.

Most grounds look a bit like that close up with relatively bland panels.

The artists impression (prior to construction) suggested there might be some sky blue illuminated strips jazzing it up a bit, but don't know if that will come to fruition.
I still get the feeling they don't go overboard on the exterior until the North Stand is done, then they might give it a full makeover - but that's entire a gut feeling, not based on any information.

The first picture with the grey panels, I am very underwhelmed.
It looks ugly, I hope they do something with it, some pictures or lights just something to make it a bit less bland & boring.

The first picture with the grey panels, I am very underwhelmed.
It looks ugly, I hope they do something with it, some pictures or lights just something to make it a bit less bland & boring.

It looks better in reality, largely because of the enormity of it. On a wet Wednesday, less so due to the (imo) bland grey of it. It's not finished yet though, and we're not seeing what it might be like with lights on the interior etc. It's all subjective though, one man's bland is another man's gorgeously understated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.