Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Suppose you lads didn't see him offering Blues out in front of the south stand, last day of the 12/13 season on the lap of honour.

He was woeful that year and some people let him know about it. In my opinion, doing a cutthroat gesture to your own paying fans no matter what they say to you, is bang out of order.

Giving stick to your own players... imo, they deserved everything they got. Good on a player having the balls to back himself and give it back.

He's answered them in the best way possible and I couldn't be happier... we've got the most dangerous fullback in the league and hopefully a couple of people will think twice before giving it out to our own players in future.

Agree. Kolarov hasn’t turned in to a world beater overnight – the shape / balance of the team has improved dramatically. If you stick Clichy in the team I’d expect similar results as there is little between the two of them.
I disagree completely. Clichy offers very little going forward. He's slightly better defensively but Kolarov has been solid as a rock so far this season plus he's one of the best crossers in the League and if both fit I'd go with aleks everytime.

His engine is twice that of AK, a security blanket of sterling could be, at the least, as effective as AK.... This notion of putting in crosses won't have any consequence, it's a tighter attacking philosophy, which takes place inside the 18 yard box, clichy also has the advantage of being both footed..... I'd expect him to score 5/6 this year, the best of his career!!!

Considering he's scored either 1 or 2(I remember he scored V Bolton but can't remember if it went down as his goal or not) in his footballing life I doubt he'll score that many. Be happy for him to get 1.

Alexander has been a revelation since the start of the league, he was destroyed against Real and doubts are still harboured but all we can go on is present form, which is very good.

Kurzawa was our choice last season according to ITKs but he's gone to PSG so that's out the window. Lets just hope for continued top performances from Kolarov, he is capable but a true test will be when we face teams with rapid wingers. Truth be told I hope ANgelino gets the gig, it pained me to see Lopes leave and Angelino is a star in the making who I hope gets given the opportunity. Angelino + 1 top player is ideal.

Alexander has been a revelation since the start of the league, he was destroyed against Real and doubts are still harboured but all we can go on is present form, which is very good.

Kurzawa was our choice last season according to ITKs but he's gone to PSG so that's out the window. Lets just hope for continued top performances from Kolarov, he is capable but a true test will be when we face teams with rapid wingers. Truth be told I hope ANgelino gets the gig, it pained me to see Lopes leave and Angelino is a star in the making who I hope gets given the opportunity. Angelino + 1 top player is ideal.

Gaya would be a dream, but we could easily have both him and Angelino vying for the left back role.

ive had the pleasure of watching him play here in NY and he can be something special, he needs to work on playing against more physical forwards but he is just a kid

Giving stick to your own players... imo, they deserved everything they got. Good on a player having the balls to back himself and give it back.

He's answered them in the best way possible and I couldn't be happier... we've got the most dangerous fullback in the league and hopefully a couple of people will think twice before giving it out to our own players in future.
Well put. If anybody delivers a ball into the box for our type of striker better than Kolarov, I've never seen him. It isn't just very good, it's fantastic. He takes the odd angelic free kick, and now he has a genuine midfielder in front of him instead of a French corporal, the supposed weakness at LB has suddenly disappeared. Agreed with those who say Clichy defends better, and there are wingers who might trouble Kolarov, but we are about outscoring the opposition.

Well put. If anybody delivers a ball into the box for our type of striker better than Kolarov, I've never seen him. It isn't just very good, it's fantastic. He takes the odd angelic free kick, and now he has a genuine midfielder in front of him instead of a French corporal, the supposed weakness at LB has suddenly disappeared. Agreed with those who say Clichy defends better, and there are wingers who might trouble Kolarov, but we are about outscoring the opposition.

I think we are more solid this season because we have better balance we now have a left footed centre back who can cover lb also as mentioned sterling and his speed helps when he tracks back so all in all we are now more solid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.