City are expensive to watch.

Cutting away tickets to £20 or even lower would provide a huge boost for crowds everywhere. I would expect us to take a minimum of 6,000 to every away match if tickets were £15
Unfortunately 50% of them would be stood outside, as nowhere gives 6000 away tickets these days apart from the cups.

(Maybe its my memory playing tricks, but I don't remember us taking 8000 to away games very often in the 70's, in fact I can remember an away game at Arsenal where we didn't take 100.)

City are only expensive to watch if you pick and choose individual league games , our season ticket and cup prices our possibly the cheapest in the premiership , ive bought tickets to watch Juventus and Sevilla for £30 and £27.50 repectively and that is great value , when you consider the calibre of the teams we are playing , but paying over £40 to watch Bournemouth is not value for money in my eyes .Perhaps the club could consider lowering the prices further against the less fashionable teams that we play at the etihad , i spend approx £80-£90 for every premiership home game i can attend , taking into account fuel,parking,drink,food,programme,ticket etc. and that is a fair portion of my weekly pensions , But can i really complain ? i watch the likes of merlin,yaya.kun,KDB,nasri,vinnie,zabs MOST weeks compared to being able to Cross,Christie,Pollock,Caton,Shinton,Robinson,Edghill EVERY week ,there is really no comparison , i will have to watch a few games on the telly or on a stream on my computer , and attend as many games as i can afford ,because i am witnessing some of the finest footballers ever to wear the blue shirt.

Unfortunately 50% of them would be stood outside, as nowhere gives 6000 away tickets these days apart from the cups.

(Maybe its my memory playing tricks, but I don't remember us taking 8000 to away games very often in the 70's, in fact I can remember an away game at Arsenal where we didn't take 100.)

The point I am making is that clubs should expand their grounds and increase the number of away fans. With reference to the 70s you are correct in that our away support was, for some reason, never big in London. That Arsenal match wasn't the League Cup match where Jennings saved them was it. There were 58,000 there (I was in the Clock End) and I doubt there were more than 100 Blues there!
But I remember huge City followings at Forest, Stoke, Leeds, Everton, Derby, Leicester, Newcastle, Roker Park, Villa, West Brom, Wolves. The only London ground we really turned up (in the 80s) was Palace. You took your life in your hands in those days at Spurs, West Ham and Chelsea.

The point I am making is that clubs should expand their grounds and increase the number of away fans. With reference to the 70s you are correct in that our away support was, for some reason, never big in London. That Arsenal match wasn't the League Cup match where Jennings saved them was it. There were 58,000 there (I was in the Clock End) and I doubt there were more than 100 Blues there!
But I remember huge City followings at Forest, Stoke, Leeds, Everton, Derby, Leicester, Newcastle, Roker Park, Villa, West Brom, Wolves. The only London ground we really turned up (in the 80s) was Palace. You took your life in your hands in those days at Spurs, West Ham and Chelsea.
How can you expect most clubs to expand their grounds at great expense to accomodate 6000 away fans at £20.They would need to find the money to expand stadiums that for most clubs against most teams would be half empty.

S
How can you expect most clubs to expand their grounds at great expense to accomodate 6000 away fans at £20.They would need to find the money to expand stadiums that for most clubs against most teams would be half empty.

How about safe standing for a start off? Many current stadiums are not 100 per cent full for most Premier League matches in any event. Football needs more away fans and a better atmosphere.

Watching Manchester City is one of the most expensive days out in the Premier League.

A pie, cup of tea, programme and the cheapest adult matchday ticket at the Etihad comes to £51 according to the BBC's Price of Football Study for 2015.

That's the second highest total for all four items in the Premier League.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/bbc-price-football-manchester-city-10261692

Disappointing.

Hardly what we'd expect from a peoples club is it?

Especially one in one of the less affluent regions of the country.

Could the words' according to a BBC survey' be added for clarity to the thread title please

We are expensive to watch if you want to sit with your mates where you've sat since we moved in 2003. you're then talking about £750 (almost £40 per game) for a for a seasoncard for a lot of groups of lads. And now we are a Catagory A club therefore we pay more for away tickets than lower clubs.

And I can actually afford to buy the food from the ground, doesn't dint the wallet that much, and do enjoy a cheese burger and bovril at half time to soak the day's beer up, but it doesn't mean it should be as expensive as it is. Nor the tickets, even though I'm just about hanging on to afford those too (many lads have dropped off over the years, about 25 of my friends and family were priced out over the last five years).

If you're not arsed about being in some random seat on your own you'd get a good deal though. And if the burger does dint the wallet you can choose not to buy it. But it still doesn't mean that all the other fans should be rinsed of their hard-earned just to squeeze that extra bit of profit. Especially when that can just be clawed back by paying the odd player about a grand a week less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.