Camp America

A lot of the people I worked with have ended up working with kids, I very nearly did as well. I had to work with autistic kids, cerebral palsy and probably in general the most rewarding job I've ever done.

We always got our flights paid for but always home from New York so we always had to finish our traveling there. I genuinely think the experience of those 4 summers made me and whenever anyone asks me about it I can't speak highly enough of the whole experience.
Totally agree

We have to pay our own flights, visa etc. But get free board and food whilst there.

Whole process costs about 1k and you earn about 750 quid over the 9 weeks you're there.

We have to pay our own flights, visa etc. But get free board and food whilst there.

Whole process costs about 1k and you earn about 750 quid over the 9 weeks you're there.

When I returned for my second, third & fourth years I dealt directly with the camp and just paid the visa fee, then you get to keep the wage

My sister went over to teach horse riding and came back with a twenty four year old girlfriend. If it worked for her, it might work for anyone.

This ... just this ....
Friday%2013th_zpso3p0cjbn.jpg

I did I 3 years ago mate, best decision I've ever made, you have to remember that you'll be there to work and not a holiday but it's fantastic.

Do it!

True, where did you stay if you don't mind me asking?
New York, up in the Adirondacks. Absolutely beautiful place mate. America is an amazing place to be In, sure they're relentless energy can become grating but it's worth it to experience the country & the sights!

One word of advice with something like this pal, don't over-think it. There's a thousand and one reasons to talk yourself out of something but I promise you'll rue the missed opportunity if you do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.